Monterey at Jo Byrns

MOTO24

Both teams are locked into the playoffs but a lot is still on the line in this one!  With a JB win and an NCS loss, JB wins the region.  With a JB loss, JB finishes 4th in the region.  

For Monterey, a win gives them 3rd in the region and a 211 mile trip to Huntingdon in round 1.  A Monterey loss gives them 4th in the region and a 189 mile trip to Wayne Co.  On the other hand, TC has a huge stake in this one...a Monterey win and a TC win gives TC the region championship.

As for the game...this should be a close one by all accounts.  As Butchie would say, JB's offense is like cheap medicine.  It'll work at times but it's not going to knock you off your feet.  JB's defense has been solid all year.  JB has 4 shutouts on the season (against cupcakes) and allowed just one score in 3 other games this year.  Their only blemish on the season was the 49 points NCS put up on them in week 5.

If JB is going to win this game they're going to have to do it with defense.  I predict a low scoring game...JB 21-14.

• Upvote 1

Both teams are locked into the playoffs but a lot is still on the line in this one!  With a JB win and an NCS loss, JB wins the region.  With a JB loss, JB finishes 4th in the region.  

For Monterey, a win gives them 3rd in the region and a 211 mile trip to Huntingdon in round 1.  A Monterey loss gives them 4th in the region and a 189 mile trip to Wayne Co.  On the other hand, TC has a huge stake in this one...a Monterey win and a TC win gives TC the region championship.

As for the game...this should be a close one by all accounts.  As Butchie would say, JB's offense is like cheap medicine.  It'll work at times but it's not going to knock you off your feet.  JB's defense has been solid all year.  JB has 4 shutouts on the season (against cupcakes) and allowed just one score in 3 other games this year.  Their only blemish on the season was the 49 points NCS put up on them in week 5.

If JB is going to win this game they're going to have to do it with defense.  I predict a low scoring game...JB 21-14.

Nice writing Moto!!! I see this one being close also! I will be making the drive and a long one at that! Hope coming through Nashville will not be bad!!! Other than losing 2 Nail biters to Class 3 Upperman and 5A White county and like JB we suffered 49-7 to NC and the only difference i see in our schedules is our 42-21 loss to TC which we jumped on early and TC flat out just out ran us after the first qtr and we blew the rest of our cup cakes out also! I like you see a close game but pick Monterey 21-14 just because they are my boys and i dont think you guys really know whats coming but i do believe it will be close!!! Best of luck to you guys and that we both stay healthy and that our region shakes the playoff brackets up some!!! Once again Monterey goes in as a under dog as always and like last year where we ended up 1 game shy of playing for a state title!!! Good luck and see you friday Moto!!!

Directions for Monterey folks...

Take I-40W into Nashville then take I-24W toward Clarksville.  Get off I-24W at exit 19 (Maxey Rd.).  

Take a right off the exit.  Follow that road until you come to a 4-way stop, go straight at the 4-way.  The 4-way stop is at a weird angle; you have to turn left a little to go straight.

After the 4-way stop, follow that road (Hwy 256) until the next stop sign (5 miles).  Turn left at the stop sign onto Kinneys Rd.

Follow that road (Kinneys Rd) until the next stop sign (2.5 miles).  Take a right at the next stop sign onto S. Church St.

Follow that road (S. Church St.) until you come to the next stop sign (.5 miles).  Take a right at the stop sign onto Hwy 41.

The school will be on your left (approximately 3 miles).

Directions for Monterey folks...

Take I-40W into Nashville then take I-24W toward Clarksville.  Get off I-24W at exit 19 (Maxey Rd.).  

Take a right off the exit.  Follow that road until you come to a 4-way stop, go straight at the 4-way.  The 4-way stop is at a weird angle; you have to turn left a little to go straight.

After the 4-way stop, follow that road (Hwy 256) until the next stop sign (5 miles).  Turn left at the stop sign onto Kinneys Rd.

Follow that road (Kinneys Rd) until the next stop sign (2.5 miles).  Take a right at the next stop sign onto S. Church St.

Follow that road (S. Church St.) until you come to the next stop sign (.5 miles).  Take a right at the stop sign onto Hwy 41.

The school will be on your left (approximately 3 miles).

Thank you Moto!!! Maybe we can holla before the game!! All respect for you guys and your program no matter what some of the other fans get on here in say!!! Good Luck Friday to both teams!!!

Anxious to see the outcome here as we prepare to face Monterey with a loss in this game.

I know all about Jo Byrns, NCS and Trousdale's programs but know absolutely nothing about the Wildcats of Monterey. I seen where yall went 9-4 last yr in the East advancing to the Semi finals...thats impressive.

Whats the history of these Wildcats??

Anxious to see the outcome here as we prepare to face Monterey with a loss in this game.

I know all about Jo Byrns, NCS and Trousdale's programs but know absolutely nothing about the Wildcats of Monterey. I seen where yall went 9-4 last yr in the East advancing to the Semi finals...thats impressive.

Whats the history of these Wildcats??

We been around a while just got a new coach last year who has brought the program up!!! We have had some good teams through the years that always ended up meeting TC early and i think that says where our story ends! i think if you put this region back in the east you possibly see one of these teams going to championship!!! We have a young secondary and Good seasoned line!!! We have a pretty balanced game based mainly around the run and you wont see us run the same formation too often!!! Our recievers are all sophmores and the same recievers are our cornerbacks!!! All our starters play both sides of the ball so if your deep its a advantage!!! Just small school ball!!! Either way if we play you guys or Huntington i look forward to it!!! Win or Lose this team plays with heart!!!

We been around a while just got a new coach last year who has brought the program up!!! We have had some good teams through the years that always ended up meeting TC early and i think that says where our story ends! i think if you put this region back in the east you possibly see one of these teams going to championship!!! We have a young secondary and Good seasoned line!!! We have a pretty balanced game based mainly around the run and you wont see us run the same formation too often!!! Our recievers are all sophmores and the same recievers are our cornerbacks!!! All our starters play both sides of the ball so if your deep its a advantage!!! Just small school ball!!! Either way if we play you guys or Huntington i look forward to it!!! Win or Lose this team plays with heart!!!

Thanks but what kind of Off and Def do yall run. Also I noticed yall have made playoffs 4 straight yrs. Was last yr the 1st time yall have ever made a Semi Final game?

Also our guys or about 9 or 10 of them play both sides of the ball and special teams. We have 56 players overall on the roster but have about 15-18 that are the mainstays on both sides.

Thanks but what kind of Off and Def do yall run. Also I noticed yall have made playoffs 4 straight yrs. Was last yr the 1st time yall have ever made a Semi Final game?

Also our guys or about 9 or 10 of them play both sides of the ball and special teams. We have 56 players overall on the roster but have about 15-18 that are the mainstays on both sides.

Thats what im saying lol we come out different every game!!! lol its a guessing game with new coach!!! Last year was the first time we ever won a playoff game!!! Made many appearances but never got past first round!!! All our starters play special teams also! I been keeping up with you guys threads alot and congrats on the big W this past weekend!!! Maybe someone will Dethrone UC!!!!