Knox area-- Privates

chill

catholic only returns 2 starters.matthew parton and brett conner will start at guard.matt is a freshman and brett is a sophomore.drew franklin and charlie davis,seniors, and daniel sheridan, a junior,will fill out the rest of the line up.catholic defeated west in a scrimmage the other night with 1 freshman,3 sophmores,and 1 senior starting because other players listed above are still playing football.brandon walker,senior, and ryan walker,sophmore,will be webb's best players.i do not think they will have a big strong post player, i heard big john inman is not going to play basketball this year.CAK loked good in the fall karnes league and appear to have their best team since i have been watching them over the last few years

Webb should be a decent team this year, i think they return 4 starters from last years team. Aaron Frazier (i think that is his name) will be their post player and he's a good player. Webb also returns all 3 guards from last year Brandon Berry, Ryan Walker, Zack Wells- but zack broke his collar bone in the football game vs Catholic.

Catholic will have 3 new starters this year but their 2 senoirs and starters from last should make up for the inexperience that will come in the first half of the year. Even though Catholic is young this year i still think they are the better private scool in Knoxville.

C.A.K.-ummm.....

Catholic has all their players now that football is over. They have two returning starters. And 4 players who saw a lot of playing time last year. They have a lot of good guards who should put up a lot of points. They should be a good team, but play a very tough schedule. McCallie, Baylor, Unaka, Farragut, Brentwood Academy, Notre Dame, etc. They also have a scrimage against Clinton this Tuesday. That should be a good test. I do not know much about Webb. I know they have two good guards with Berry and Walker. Frasier down low is a good player. And other than that, I do not think they have much. CAK has a lot of experience and that will help them a lot. They also have a good guard in Brent Lahmen. All three of these teams play each other. Catholic beat Webb 3 times last year and CAK 2 times. All three of these schools are rivals do to the fact they are the only private high schools in Knoxville. Good luck to all the teams.