Clarksville "THE ACADEMY" @ Nashville Christian Round1

NasTchristian

Hey dad! U be easy on these boys! Don't beat up on them too bad! Are u guys starting 3rd string as usual???

Our depth chart is pretty murky at some of the skill positions (other than QB).  I maintain that our best RB is the Senior never mentioned on here.  3rd and 3, I want the ball in his hands.  Same at WR on depth (5-6 guys can get it done).

I would expect to see very little of some starters this week - certainly nothing past the half.

Our depth chart is pretty murky at some of the skill positions (other than QB).  I maintain that our best RB is the Senior never mentioned on here.  3rd and 3, I want the ball in his hands.  Same at WR on depth (5-6 guys can get it done).

I would expect to see very little of some starters this week - certainly nothing past the half.

NCS coach is smart and others need to take a lesson from him to not play starters after the half, especially if ahead. Don't know why some coaches continue to play starters to the last second, even when the score is way up or if you are so far behind there is no chance at all. At that point, build for the future. Also, not worth the added risk of injuring starters when you have a small roster to begin with. Maybe if you were 5A or 6A, you could afford to lose a few, but most of these teams don't have the numbers or players that could (minus several from NCS and a few from other schools) play above 1A and ever see the field. Not worth the risk and now going into the playoffs, lots of teams are hurting and scrambling.  

Edited by RodNReel

It is remarkable to me the quality of team CA has fielded with so few players, so many key injuries, and building around a Freshman QB.  (A talented and smart freshman QB; but a freshmen nevertheless.)  Kudos on what y'all have accomplished this year!

Thank you! Very hardworking young men.

NCS coach is smart and others need to take a lesson from him to not play starters after the half, especially if ahead. Don't know why some coaches continue to play starters to the last second, even when the score is way up or if you are so far behind there is no chance at all. At that point, build for the future. Also, not worth the added risk of injuring starters when you have a small roster to begin with. Maybe if you were 5A or 6A, you could afford to lose a few, but most of these teams don't have the numbers or players that could (minus several from NCS and a few from other schools) play above 1A and ever see the field. Not worth the risk and now going into the playoffs, lots of teams are hurting and scrambling.

WC starters have only played in the second half in three games this year, the other seven they didn't even take a snap in the second half. One of those three games they only played through the third qtr

I'm thinking WC and NCS are on a collision course for a 3rd rd matchup and a rematch for last yrs 2nd rd playoff game when NCS won 21-0. WC is much better this season, IMO. As I'm sure the college players.. i mean NCS are also much better. To bad it will be up in Nashville again. Hope its not as cold as last yr.

Also. I pray we win rds 1 and 2 cant take NOTHING for granted in the playoffs!!

I'm thinking WC and NCS are on a collision course for a 3rd rd matchup and a rematch for last yrs 2nd rd playoff game when NCS won 21-0. WC is much better this season, IMO. As I'm sure the college players.. i mean NCS are also much better. To bad it will be up in Nashville again. Hope its not as cold as last yr.

Also. I pray we win rds 1 and 2 cant take NOTHING for granted in the playoffs!!

NasT, I hadn't seen you on here last few days to congratulate you guys on a hard fought victory. It got out of hand for us but our boys played with all they had. I was very impressed with your guys on the field. I will be honest and say I didn't know how hard the prospects on your team would play knowing they have bigger things ahead of them in the future but when it got tight, they played with a ton of heart along with the rest of the team. They played clean, disciplined and just good football which is not what I was hearing going into the game. You have great team to be proud of and good luck to you guys the rest of the way. We will try to pull it off this Friday and if we do, you already know we'll give it everything we got again in round 2