Houston Co @ Jo Byrns

disciple633

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking forward to it as well! Adams was rocking tonight and I'm sure yalls place will be too! We'll meet up after the game again if ya want!

Eagle I'd jus like to commend all those involved in the turn around the HC team has had this year ! First playoff win since 03 ? Maybe this will spark more interest to the program and get more involved, although a lil bittersweet for me to see our season end it was equally pleasing to see the look on those HC kids faces when they took a group pic in front of the scoreboard,, my team or not it really puts things in perspective when you witness all the past seasons of utter defeat become moments of joy. Hopefully this season will bring a new awakening and excitement to the student athletes and staff at HC.. I know those boys will Enjoy these moments in time and maybe be the beginning of rebirth to the program, well the rebirth has occurred ! Enjoy the moment !

Eagle I'd jus like to commend all those involved in the turn around the HC team has had this year ! First playoff win since 03 ? Maybe this will spark more interest to the program and get more involved, although a lil bittersweet for me to see our season end it was equally pleasing to see the look on those HC kids faces when they took a group pic in front of the scoreboard,, my team or not it really puts things in perspective when you witness all the past seasons of utter defeat become moments of joy. Hopefully this season will bring a new awakening and excitement to the student athletes and staff at HC.. I know those boys will Enjoy these moments in time and maybe be the beginning of rebirth to the program, well the rebirth has occurred ! Enjoy the moment !

I have always plead the fact that if you give Coach Clark depth he will be successful. He brought in 40+ kids to start the year! I think the world of him. That team looks up to the program you guys have worked to build, I heard one of them say that they wouldn't have wanted to win anywhere else! Hate to see your guys season end!

Very classy post! This is what it's all about, the young men! No matter what side were on we should all be proud of every kid that straps those helmets on take the field. They are the ones putting in all the hard work, all the time and risking all the injuries for us to enjoy. It's good to see such a great fan of a program as you are be so congratulative to the team that just ended yalls season. My hats off to you!

I'm looking forward to it as well! Adams was rocking tonight and I'm sure yalls place will be too! We'll meet up after the game again if ya want!

Like I told you earlier thru txt man good for you and I'm glad we can welcome yall to Waynesboro a yr early! If ya need a place to crash ya welcome to chill at my house. Enjoy the W and dont party to hard!!

What a class act post. As a current assistant coach of this team I've never felt such joy watching a group of kids celebrate in victory than I did tonight. That 03 team you speak of was my junior year. I'm 28 years old now and it's been few and far between the years of football success that we've been able to enjoy in this small community. This years group of kids are driven by a core of senior and junior kids that endured the heartache of last seasons losses. I will say this about the HC vs JB game. I've never been subject to a more well rounded and totally mature group of kids as an opponent. When we walked across that 50 yard line tonight to shake the hands of those jo byrns players and coaches , not only were the opposing coaches congratulating , the kids were too. I don't know his name or even what position he played but #59 was a true class act . He stopped me and another coach after the game as we were shaking hands and commended us on the job these kids have done this year. Makes one truly envious of the job coach Adkins is doing with those boys as well as the raising they are getting at home. Somebody is doing something right. At the end of the day it really makes you take pride in being apart of this game. Especially when you have the pleasure to witness triumph as well as defeat and everyone involved on either side display the equal amount of maturity and will to win that this game was built upon and meant to be played with. I will remember this game for years to come.

Edited by Pride31

I have always plead the fact that if you give Coach Clark depth he will be successful. He brought in 40+ kids to start the year! I think the world of him. That team looks up to the program you guys have worked to build, I heard one of them say that they wouldn't have wanted to win anywhere else! Hate to see your guys season end!

Very classy post! This is what it's all about, the young men! No matter what side were on we should all be proud of every kid that straps those helmets on take the field. They are the ones putting in all the hard work, all the time and risking all the injuries for us to enjoy. It's good to see such a great fan of a program as you are be so congratulative to the team that just ended yalls season. My hats off to you!

What a class act post. As a current assistant coach of this team I've never felt such joy watching a group of kids celebrate in victory than I did tonight. That 03 team you speak of was my junior year. I'm 28 years old now and it's been few and far between the years of football success that we've been able to enjoy in this small community. This years group of kids are driven by a core of senior and junior kids that endured the heartache of last seasons losses. I will say this about the HC vs JB game. I've never been subject to a more well rounded and totally mature group of kids as an opponent. When we walked across that 50 yard line tonight to shake the hands of those jo byrns players and coaches , not only were the opposing coaches congratulating , the kids were too. I don't know his name or even what position he played but #59 was a true class act . He stopped me and another coach after the game as we were shaking hands and commended us on the job these kids have done this year. Makes one truly envious of the job coach Adkins is doing with those boys as well as the raising they are getting at home. Somebody is doing something right. At the end of the day it really makes you take pride in being apart of this game. Especially when you have the pleasure to witness triumph as well as defeat and everyone involved on either side display the equal amount of maturity and will to win that this game was built upon and meant to be played with. I will remember this game for years to come.

Well said, Gentlemen! Best game thread I've seen on the T all year.

And from what I've observed in reading other scores, we may have witnessed the best game in the state tonight right there in the dungeon of Jo Byrns!!

One more thing...the engine rev and that glorious smell of grilled meats wafting out of the smokehouse...thats what small town HS football is all about!!! It. Was. Awesome! You guys really do it right. I think HC needs a smokehouse or a BBQ pit up on the hill!