Mount Juliet at Whitehaven

MJGOLDENBEARS

WH has one offense and that's #11, after that they are a 5-5 team no better. If he was playing elsewhere this would not be the same team. Their second threat is their band which is awesome I must say. Loud and proud, hits the bass drums hard while your offense is on the field. We had a great time there as everyone was so very nice and hospitable. Great community and great communal support. Not sure of who I will be rooting for in round 3. Should I root for the blue faction which I love to hate, I will let my decision known soon.

Tuffinitout:

With respect to your perspective from the visitor's stands ... I realize that watching a RB amass 346 yards against your team is hard to watch. I get that. However, #11 got his high amount of yardage mostly due to the WH O-line AND WRs excellent BLOCKING. The O-line controled the LOS and our WRs get physical and really get after it downfield blocking DBs. When WH runs the ball, everyone is engaged in the play. We don't have WRs who pretend to block when it is a running play ... they all get in the grill of a player on the opposing team with gusto. That is a part of being a good running team ... everybody participates willingly and energetically. It's very easy to overlook the contributions of the O-line AND the WRs on running plays and just simply say it is the extra terrific RB ... but that simply is not the case. It took our team all year to get to this point ... that O-line has been together for 3 years mostly ... they are good at what they do! Don't get me wrong ... #`11 is a really good RB, but none the less, our overall blocking is what makes this team go. If you don't block, you don't hit the field at Whitehaven. Our best WR, #1, is probably one of our better blockers. They are like a band of brothers out there ... it's actually quite fun to watch them get after it on a run play ... somebody somewhere is getting pancaked or pushed 10 yards downfield.

That ... and our magnificent defense. 5-5 without #11 is a little simplistic. However, if thats what you saw then that is what you saw. Who am I to say what you saw. We Whitehaven folk know better.

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to our fine facility.

P.S.

That band is nothing to play with either. They are a high level 'Show Band' that performs and wins band competitions throughout the southeastern part of the country. Not only are they loud, they are distinct and clear when they play. They sound GOOD! Our band director has gotten a lot of young people a lot of band scholly's as a result of that program over the years. If your middle schooler is musically inclined, they get them to Whitehaven because we get so many of our band members into college. That band is well known as one of the premier high school 'Show Bands' in the country. Case in point ... earlier in the year our band traveled to play at the Bartlett game. It was raining. It was a mixture of drizzel and rain all night. They performed their whole halftime show for the Bartlett crowd. Then gave the football team and the Whitehaven crowd their support for most of the night, as if they were in Whitehaven Stadium. Quite frankly ... that is freakin awsome! The band booster club rivals the football team's. The football team's booster club is pretty robust.