3A Round 2: Pigeon Forge at Alcoa

AlcoaBasketball

The LB for Alcoa is a big, very strong guy. I'm not specifically aware of what the rule is regarding a defensive player lifting an offensive player off the ground to make a tackle. Perhaps someone else knows the specific rule that applies here (I know in rugby it's referred to as a dump tackle and is no longer legal unless the offensive player lands flat on his back, but I'm not sure about the TSSAA). I'm glad that it wasn't on a 150lb player. One of the tackles put the offensive player landing awfully close to his head / neck / area. Having said that, I'm not worried about Pope for CAK; he can take care of himself. If I'm not mistaken, that LB usually plays some offense but was not able to that week and only played defense. Playing defense gives you an opportunity to really put a lick on someone where those opportunities are few and far between on offense. So, if CAK were to play Alcoa again (big if), perhaps the LB will play offense as well as defense. If so, I think that the LB will find that Pope makes a few hits too.

Pope ran his mouth......karma was served!

The LB for Alcoa is a big, very strong guy. I'm not specifically aware of what the rule is regarding a defensive player lifting an offensive player off the ground to make a tackle. Perhaps someone else knows the specific rule that applies here (I know in rugby it's referred to as a dump tackle and is no longer legal unless the offensive player lands flat on his back, but I'm not sure about the TSSAA). I'm glad that it wasn't on a 150lb player. One of the tackles put the offensive player landing awfully close to his head / neck / area. Having said that, I'm not worried about Pope for CAK; he can take care of himself. If I'm not mistaken, that LB usually plays some offense but was not able to that week and only played defense. Playing defense gives you an opportunity to really put a lick on someone where those opportunities are few and far between on offense. So, if CAK were to play Alcoa again (big if), perhaps the LB will play offense as well as defense. If so, I think that the LB will find that Pope makes a few hits too.

LOL!! I'd say 31 gets tossed or taps out early!! Only hope we can keep our composure with his crybaby acts and dirty play!! I can assure you he will be feeling this game ALL weekend!