Columbia Academy vs Whitwell

TheAmbassador

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone that says that CA doesn't like to get hit is because they think that they are soft because they're a private school. My son played nose guard for CA and graduated last year so I haven't been to any games this year but Coach Lansdell and his staff will have those boys prepared for every game. The legendary John Wooden once said that he doesn't coach during the game because he has coached in practice all week. The answer for your adjustment argument is execution.

The answer for your adjustment argument is execution.

I agree.  But a spread offense that can't ground and pound when needed is incapable of running time off the clock.  I would argue that CA's offense falls into that category.  I've seen incomplete passes stop the clock too many times from a spread offense that can't get first downs on the ground.

I've heard that ground and pound for 3 years. CA only lost 4 games during that span. It means nothing if you're losing the game. If you complete your short passes, the clock stays running. Ground and pound ending with a punt isn't good is it? CA always has a run game, it was just overshadowed with good quarterback play. Ask Wayne Co. how that ground and pound worked against CA the last 2 years.

Edited by CADad

I've heard that ground and pound for 3 years. CA only lost 4 games during that span. It means nothing if you're losing the game. If you complete your short passes, the clock stays running. Ground and pound ending with a punt isn't good is it? CA always has a run game, it was just overshadowed with good quarterback play. Ask Wayne Co. how that ground and pound worked against CA the last 2 years.

Must have worked pretty good

2012 Wayne Co 35 CA 17

2013 Wayne Co 26 CA 21

2014 Ca 28 Wayne Co 27

Must have worked pretty good

2012 Wayne Co 35 CA 17

2013 Wayne Co 26 CA 21

2014 Ca 28 Wayne Co 27

Should I ask NCS too about the vaunted CA offense?

Everyone that says that CA doesn't like to get hit is because they think that they are soft because they're a private school. My son played nose guard for CA and graduated last year so I haven't been to any games this year but Coach Lansdell and his staff will have those boys prepared for every game. The legendary John Wooden once said that he doesn't coach during the game because he has coached in practice all week. The answer for your adjustment argument is execution.

Columbia Academy has a great team. We are all chasing you in the east. However, it's game set match for any of us vs the west.

Since my son graduated last year, I haven't really looked at the brackets. I check out Coach T regularly and follow the teams on Ballfrog that we played against the previous 4 years. I'm not familiar with these new teams, I just had to comment about our style of play. It's working, that's all that I'm saying.

I agree.  But a spread offense that can't ground and pound when needed is incapable of running time off the clock.  I would argue that CA's offense falls into that category.  I've seen incomplete passes stop the clock too many times from a spread offense that can't get first downs on the ground.

We have already established you have not seen a Columbia Academy game this year.  Have you reviewed stats for CA?  They are more than capable of executing "ground and pound" offense.  They are a much more balanced offense.