Catholic @ Greeneville

DevilMan03

sorry but I wished we had passed more the first 3 quarters like in the 4th that looked good that's what I was seeing. Sorry just being honest.GREENE DEVIL 4 LIFE.

no need to appologize for speaking your opinion. Guess i should have been a little more specific. when i said we were too one dimensional, i meant all season long....clearly that strategy worked and worked well against all but 2 teams we played...i totally understand the strategy however, especially when most times out you have a better O'line than other teams D'line....i guess i just didnt like to hear "out coached". I never feel like our guys get outcoached, but im a total homer...lol. i see ( and i know you've seen first hand) what these coaches do for our young men and how much they mean to the growth and maturation ( oh god, did i just use a butch jonesism???), but its sooooo true. I'm thankful for the men we have helping raise our young men for 4 years of their lives. no harm no foul army, you're my boy and always have been on here. you catch alot of heck from oposing fans on here for your posts, but i know the "real army" and you're alright in my book.....( just dont let me catch you saying we got outcoached again....LOL)

Had to catch the game on the radio. The guys calling the game were awesome. Not a couple of homer types like so many teams have.Catholic has a great team right now and the Devils were right there with a chance to win had things went their way.Best of luck to Catholic as they move on to the semi game.Here is my thoughts on the 16 year old.I've raised a kid or two and they are all different .I've always taught them to be humble but sometimes if they were not, life has a way of doing it .That young man is a stud and I'm 100% sure he will get the same talk .A 15 yard unsportsmanlike could have cost Catholic a bunch at the right time last night and if nothing else, I wouldn't want someone else to have a bullseye on him if he were my son.

batman, you raised your kids to know better. I wont assume to knw how Mays parents have raised him because i dont know. I just know what i saw on the field last night and i know what has been said about him all year long...i went into the game giving him the benefit of the doubt because i hadn't seen him but once and that was the first game of the year. He got off the catholic bus wearing a bama shirt...that spoke volumes right there...not because i hate bama, but because he's a so called "ut commit"...i realize he has 2 more years to change his mind and that's his perogative. after watching him play and watching him make gestures that no other catholic kid made, i saw all i need to see. I rarely, if not NEVER talk bad about kids playing a game, but as far as im concerned, young Mr. Mays needs alot more "coaching" before he suits up in an orange jersey, or any other color for that matter. I wish him well and hope he does figure it all out because he clearly has the size to be a next level monster, but karma is a mofo and if he isnt careful, karma will pay him a visit sooner or later. As for your kids....no question, well taught, well behaved and just downright good young men. Not every kid can claim that....Best of luck to the Catholics

no need to appologize for speaking your opinion. Guess i should have been a little more specific. when i said we were too one dimensional, i meant all season long....clearly that strategy worked and worked well against all but 2 teams we played...i totally understand the strategy however, especially when most times out you have a better O'line than other teams D'line....i guess i just didnt like to hear "out coached". I never feel like our guys get outcoached, but im a total homer...lol. i see ( and i know you've seen first hand) what these coaches do for our young men and how much they mean to the growth and maturation ( oh god, did i just use a butch jonesism???), but its sooooo true. I'm thankful for the men we have helping raise our young men for 4 years of their lives. no harm no foul army, you're my boy and always have been on here. you catch alot of heck from oposing fans on here for your posts, but i know the "real army" and you're alright in my book.....( just dont let me catch you saying we got outcoached again....LOL)

we all good...... I respect all the coaches lol well almost all them. but I love watching young Ballard stretch that arm out with a rocket and connect with this year's recievers. and when I got to see it. It was AWESOME!!! and it reminded me of some of the great double threat quarterbacks willie , Zack and tanner don't forget Greenway. that's was when we used ALL THE TALENT on the field. NOT taking anything away from Dabbs he is GREAT but only can take so many BIG HITS like last night. Last night was the hardest hitting team (catholic) I have seen since the the 2010 2011 Devils!!!! Edited by GREENEDEVILARMY

I'm no insider but if my memory serves me, Kentucky was the first and only early SEC offer and Tennessee may have been the only late offer. I don't remember any other SEC teams being involved with him. As you said, this happens sometimes. My original point was UT has missed on very few local players who could have actually helped them with Cobb being the ONE who does stand out. Harrison Smith was ND all along.

Having Coached Harrison Smith in high school (in hoops) I can tell you he was a longtime UT fan, he didn't choose a school because he was a fan, he made his choice on what he thought was best for him. He was recruited by a lot of SEC schools as well as some PAC-10 schools. Clemson was camped out at Catholic trying to get him to sign. He was 4 year starter at Notre Dame, so that worked out well for him. He was also a straight A student. Edited by QSouth89

Having Coached Harrison Smith in high school (in hoops) I can tell you he was a UT fan, he didn't choose a school because he was a fan, he made his choice on what he thought was best for him. He was recruited by a lot of SEC schools as well as some PAC-10 schools. Clemson was camped out at Catholic trying to get him to sign. He was 4 year starter at Notre Dame, so that worked out well for him. He was also a straight A student.

And a pretty good high school basketball player too!

Having Coached Harrison Smith in high school (in hoops) I can tell you he was a longtime UT fan, he didn't choose a school because he was a fan, he made his choice on what he thought was best for him. He was recruited by a lot of SEC schools as well as some PAC-10 schools. Clemson was camped out at Catholic trying to get him to sign. He was 4 year starter at Notre Dame, so that worked out well for him. He was also a straight A student.

I always heard (rumor of corse) that it was his dad pushing him to ND.

hey greengreen22 did you hear I lol greenedavilarmy is a fair weather fan???

Fairweather Fan lets see since forever the GDA has been there most of the time before me, since a job change which  has kept him a little on the sideline he still is there sitting in our reg. seats--Flashback  09 we were everywhere then to state - 2010 made the longggggggggggggggggggggggg drive to franklin co. reg. season game , Signal mt. , Alcoa , Maryville , back and forth to grainger - the gap , Harlan Ky, not counting every preseason game and practice ---YEA I GUESS U COULD CALL YOURSELF A FAIRWEATHER FAN..................