Catholic @ Greeneville

DevilMan03

Had to catch the game on the radio. The guys calling the game were awesome. Not a couple of homer types like so many teams have.Catholic has a great team right now and the Devils were right there with a chance to win had things went their way.Best of luck to Catholic as they move on to the semi game.Here is my thoughts on the 16 year old.I've raised a kid or two and they are all different .I've always taught them to be humble but sometimes if they were not, life has a way of doing it .That young man is a stud and I'm 100% sure he will get the same talk .A 15 yard unsportsmanlike could have cost Catholic a bunch at the right time last night and if nothing else, I wouldn't want someone else to have a bullseye on him if he were my son.

Had to catch the game on the radio. The guys calling the game were awesome. Not a couple of homer types like so many teams have.Catholic has a great team right now and the Devils were right there with a chance to win had things went their way.Best of luck to Catholic as they move on to the semi game.Here is my thoughts on the 16 year old.I've raised a kid or two and they are all different .I've always taught them to be humble but sometimes if they were not, life has a way of doing it .That young man is a stud and I'm 100% sure he will get the same talk .A 15 yard unsportsmanlike could have cost Catholic a bunch at the right time last night and if nothing else, I wouldn't want someone else to have a bullseye on him if he were my son.

I read the comments by Cole Smith, QB at CAK, at the same time I read the ones by Cade Mays. No comparison.  Shows the character of both players, coaches, and teams clearly.

I watched the game on TV - wasn't for or against anyone. But this guy is right: #68 plays dirty and is proud of it. Blaming his behavior on the fact that he is only 16 is unacceptable; his parents and coaches are to blame for not addressing that. His comments in the paper about "wanting to hit #3 hard all night" and "we wanted to leave a message that we're here and here to stay" show a complete lack of class that stem from the top down.

I don't have a dog in this fight but, I hate to tell you guys..football is a rough sport. I too saw the game on TV and other than the personal foul (witch I thought was borderline) I didn't see him do anything wrong. He obviously played with a little mean streak and he played till the whistle blew. Just as I'm sure he's taught and will surely be taught at ut. As for the comments in the paper, probably not the best choice of words for print but I have no doubt those were the very instructions given to the team in the locker room. As mentioned he's 16 and will mature in those regards as he grows. I thought it was a good hard fought game with the best team coming out on top.

Edited by Professor_Falkon

Great all out effort from the Irish. Amari may be the most talented player on the field BUT #36 Chase Kuerschen is the best football player on the field. Very enjoyable game to watch. Dabbs has moves straight out of a video game. We contained him pretty well with the exception of a couple of plays. I think the Greeneville QB will have a great career.

Fantastic high school atmosphere tonight. I was a little concerned after reading some of the poor sportsmanship comments. Nothing could have been further from the truth. A Greenville fan about high school age sitting in front of us gave my wife a pair of hand warmers when he heard her say she was fine except for her hands being cold. The Greeneville fans sitting beside me and behind me were very cordial and complimentary of our team and players.

Good luck as the Irish take their next step!

My take on the Game I was 1st disappointed that we didn't try and pass the ball more and try to get them to at least guessing a little,  Dabbs has been the backbone all year -- it  broke my heart to see him go down and on the side lines in pain , but if you ride it long enough it will break and it did, our defense could contain the run somewhat but the quick recievers for cath were just flat out awesome # 3 is a freak he can do about anything he wants but the gold shoes puts him on my bottom of there really good players--- # 4 RB and I think #38 were very impressive very well coached team and I though the ground game gave Greeneville more problems because of the way cath could open it up down the middle with the pass , hats off to # 68 for being the jerk of the game I can see why UT WANTS HIM ! no class ( by the way im not a tenn fan) when you pass on some of the talent that you (TENNESSEE) has in state you do your state and hometown a severe injustice I have watched many great kids from fulton , Maryville , Alcoa , Greeneville , that could have made a impact on the game in k-town , enough of that - all in all great game by Knox Cath my hats off to u guys hope we keep it on this side of the state all the best in going forward , good luck to Greeneville towards what next year might hold ...

I watched the game on TV last as well. I didn't see #68 playing dirty at all. He had a personal foul called on him early in the game and the announcers said it was close. They added that maybe he shouldn't have done it. If playing hard and playing till the whistle is dirty then please watch another sport. I saw a hard fought game between two teams and it seams one team is upset about the outcome.

My take on the Game I was 1st disappointed that we didn't try and pass the ball more and try to get them to at least guessing a little, Dabbs has been the backbone all year -- it broke my heart to see him go down and on the side lines in pain , but if you ride it long enough it will break and it did, our defense could contain the run somewhat but the quick recievers for cath were just flat out awesome # 3 is a freak he can do about anything he wants but the gold shoes puts him on my bottom of there really good players--- # 4 RB and I think #38 were very impressive very well coached team and I though the ground game gave Greeneville more problems because of the way cath could open it up down the middle with the pass , hats off to # 68 for being the jerk of the game I can see why UT WANTS HIM ! no class ( by the way im not a tenn fan) when you pass on some of the talent that you (TENNESSEE) has in state you do your state and hometown a severe injustice I have watched many great kids from fulton , Maryville , Alcoa , Greeneville , that could have made a impact on the game in k-town , enough of that - all in all great game by Knox Cath my hats off to u guys hope we keep it on this side of the state all the best in going forward , good luck to Greeneville towards what next year might hold ...

I think the Greeneville game plan was a good one .. they wanted to consume time on clock which they did .. they just couldn't slow down KC .. my F alcons gave up 3 huge plays to them that got us beat .. a K O return , a I T return and 85 yard bomb .. the rest of game held them for 3 qtrs to 180 yards of offense .. Greeneville plan almost worked .. but just couldn't get stops .. as far as #68 .. he acted up during Fulton game .. saw his Dad act up in Morristown .. so he may come by it honestly .. agree that TENN has overlooked some ET kids .. seems like if u aren't a firmer UT playrrs son or a coaches son or from KC that TN does my give u a look .. back to KC .. they have some class kids .. #3 .. #36 are some great kids .. #3 played youth ball with alk the Falcon kids .. and are friends ..#36 is just a very good kid Andhra a lot of class .. cant say same for #76 and #68 .. hope the East TN trams bring it back home but I hear Memphis East has a good team .From what I saw if game .. KC and Fulton I thought had better teams than Greeneville but Id say both KC and Greeneville and Fulton will be in hunt again next year .. KC has a lot coming back .. Fulton HAS to find some OL .. that was their down fall this past year .. And thonk Greeneville has quite a bit returning

I think the Greeneville game plan was a good one .. they wanted to consume time on clock which they did .. they just couldn't slow down KC .. my F alcons gave up 3 huge plays to them that got us beat .. a K O return , a I T return and 85 yard bomb .. the rest of game held them for 3 qtrs to 180 yards of offense .. Greeneville plan almost worked .. but just couldn't get stops .. as far as #68 .. he acted up during Fulton game .. saw his Dad act up in Morristown .. so he may come by it honestly .. agree that TENN has overlooked some ET kids .. seems like if u aren't a firmer UT playrrs son or a coaches son or from KC that TN does my give u a look .. back to KC .. they have some class kids .. #3 .. #36 are some great kids .. #3 played youth ball with alk the Falcon kids .. and are friends ..#36 is just a very good kid Andhra a lot of class .. cant say same for #76 and #68 .. hope the East TN trams bring it back home but I hear Memphis East has a good team .From what I saw if game .. KC and Fulton I thought had better teams than Greeneville but Id say both KC and Greeneville and Fulton will be in hunt again next year .. KC has a lot coming back .. Fulton HAS to find some OL .. that was their down fall this past year .. And thonk Greeneville has quite a bit returning

If we throw it next year we will be scary good. Ballard has a heck of an arm and I'm sure you saw it at the end of the game