Catholic @ Greeneville

DevilMan03

Here's a personal thought on the whole "visitor side" thing....ive been going to GHS games off and on since the early 70s. My papaw use to take me and we ALWAYS sat on the that visitors side. For what reason i have no clue, i was a kid, forgive me.At one point in my early childhood, i lived directly across the street from GHS ( the house up on the hill, with the two concrete sided steep asz driveway) and if i didnt watch the games from the front porch, which you could do back then because the stadium had a much different look, when i walked across the street to watch, i sat on the visitors side. consequently, as an adult, when i moved back to greeneville in 95, i always sat on the visitors side as a greeneville fan, all the way up to the time i started doing videos for the team in 2010. ( in fact my first videos were done FROM the visitors side). So what actually IS a visitors side anyway? for my money that side has ALWAYS been home to me....and what about the large number of HS stadiums that only have bleachers on one side? Then what??? I can say this...i do remember some fans being real jerkoffs on the visitors side in about 2009ish. They were SOUTH GREENE fans that were being total douche bags to the greeneville fans on that side, INCLUDING a few GHS students who had came over to say hello to their family members who were SG fans. Flash forward to last week. I personally know a handful of local business men who sit on that side regularly and i promise you these guys had no part in whatever happened. The mayor sits over there, the former Greeneville coach and town legend Fred Sorrells sits over there....I said all that just to say this to our bobcat friend on here who clearly isnt lying about his experience, but who might clearly be lumping a few bad turds into the whole pile of poo, thusly causing a real stink of things.....(hehehe...you see what i did there?) If we can locate the turds this week, without disturbing the regular "GOOD FANS" of greeneville who sit over there, we would gladly flush them for you, because i for one personally dont like hearing that an opposing fan had an awful time while visiting our fair town and quaint little Devils Den of grid iron destruction. I want your football experience to be lousy, but your fan in the stands experience to be sportsman like, friendly and one all visotors speak of with the highest of regards. To the GHS fans who regularly sit over there, i urge each of you to monitor your surroundings tonight while the irish are in town and if you see a greeneville fan act a fool, dont be scared to call that fan on their boolsheet.....GO DEVILS, i hope the irish have a safe trip up here and a very very quiet, somber ride home...

Edited by BVDevil

Here's a personal thought on the whole "visitor side" thing....ive been going to GHS games off and on since the early 70s. My papaw use to take me and we ALWAYS sat on the that visitors side. For what reason i have no clue, i was a kid, forgive me.At one point in my early childhood, i lived directly across the street from GHS ( the house up on the hill, with the two concrete sided steep asz driveway) and if i didnt watch the games from the front porch, which you could do back then because the stadium had a much different look, when i walked across the street to watch, i sat on the visitors side. consequently, as an adult, when i moved back to greeneville in 95, i always sat on the visitors side as a greeneville fan, all the way up to the time i started doing videos for the team in 2010. ( in fact my first videos were done FROM the visitors side). So what actually IS a visitors side anyway? for my money that side has ALWAYS been home to me....and what about the large number of HS stadiums that only have bleachers on one side? Then what??? I can say this...i do remember some fans being real jerkoffs on the visitors side in about 2009ish. They were SOUTH GREENE fans that were being total douche bags to the greeneville fans on that side, INCLUDING a few GHS students who had came over to say hello to their family members who were SG fans. Flash forward to last week. I personally know a handful of local business men who sit on that side regularly and i promise you these guys had no part in whatever happened. The mayor sits over there, the former Greeneville coach and town legend Fred Sorrells sits over there....I said all that just to say this to our bobcat friend on here who clearly isnt lying about his experience, but who might clearly be lumping a few bad turds into the whole pile of poo, thusly causing a real stink of things.....(hehehe...you see what i did there?) If we can locate the turds this week, without disturbing the regular "GOOD FANS" of greeneville who sit over there, we would gladly flush them for you, because i for one personally dont like hearing that an opposing fan had an awful time while visiting our fair town and quaint little Devils Den of grid iron destruction. I want your football experience to be lousy, but your fan in the stands experience to be sportsman like, friendly and one all visotors speak of with the highest of regards. To the GHS fans who regularly sit over there, i urge each of you to monitor your surroundings tonight while the irish are in town and if you see a greeneville fan act a fool, dont be scared to call that fan on their boolsheet.....GO DEVILS, i hope the irish have a safe trip up here and a very very quiet, somber ride home...

Great post and attitude. Good luck to both teams. I hope each team plays to their potential which hopefully will have the Irish emerging victorious!

Hey BVD, you may already know this, but Butch Jones' son plays for Catholic, a friend of mine saw him last week @ the Fulton game, so he may be on the visitor side tonight....

yah, speculation is running crazy about who may or may not be here...from butch to Tee Martin....i would be shocked if butch is here, since the team is in mizzouri and i dont know if USC has a game or not saturday, so that would have a bearing on Tee's presence....i just hope a huge crowd shows up.

yah, speculation is running crazy about who may or may not be here...from butch to Tee Martin....i would be shocked if butch is here, since the team is in mizzouri and i dont know if USC has a game or not saturday, so that would have a bearing on Tee's presence....i just hope a huge crowd shows up.

We're sitting on the visitor side, outwardly pulling for Catholic (since we are on their side) but secretly hoping Greeneville wins so we get to see the Marshall County game next week.