Rhea Co at Sevier Co

EaglePride1

Well if Maryville does it...

I don't care if you take a knee or not. As for my son, he'll take that knee and risk that cramped muscle.

I don't think I would make a statement as to the intent of a player to injure another player, though.

I'll make it. Your #41 tried to injure our player. We WON'T be taking sportsmanship lessons from you. How many personal fouls did your team have? You need to clean your own house before you start worrying about other teams

They got that from Maryville. I'm thinking it has something to do with muscles tightening up.

+200 Knoxvul is correct, Maryville doesn't take a knee. The reasons are for players cramping up. There's not a more respectful coach than GQ. He always goes over to the injured player and checks on them. Our team Dr usually the first one out to the player. Just someone else trying to find fault. Go Bears!! #purplepower

Seriously if a player is going to cramp over taking a knee a couple of times during the game - are they really in good enough shape to play football?    I find it hard to believe that coaches really think that taking a knew a couple of times really makes a difference in whether they win or not.

To me it is a sign of respect of one player for another player. 

Well if Maryville does it...

I don't care if you take a knee or not. As for my son, he'll take that knee and risk that cramped muscle.

I don't think I would make a statement as to the intent of a player to injure another player, though.

I've seen RC fans reminding the team when our boys  / cheer squad are slow to take a knee.

Seriously if a player is going to cramp over taking a knee a couple of times during the game - are they really in good enough shape to play football? I find it hard to believe that coaches really think that taking a knew a couple of times really makes a difference in whether they win or not.

To me it is a sign of respect of one player for another player.

Is it a sign of respect to spear a player after the whistle blows?

I'll make it. Your #41 tried to injure our player. We WON'T be taking sportsmanship lessons from you. How many personal fouls did your team have? You need to clean your own house before you start worrying about other teams

I don't think I've offered any lessons on sportsmanship, although some of your fans could use a few.  But I'm sure some of our fans were d*ck heads, too.  Don't come at me because of something posted BY ANOTHER RHEA FAN.  I own what I post.  And my house is in order.

Lmao!!!!!!!! Not rooting for a team because they didn't take a knee when a player got hurt? This could possibly be the dumbest thing I've ever heard!!!

This is not the only thing ... believe me.  It is the after the game activities by the SC fans that is the issue. 

Are there bad fans for every team?  Absolutely and I am sure RC has their share.  And I am not one of them.  I only asked the question because it was the first time I had ever seen a team not take a knee.  Good grief!  Way too many sensitive folks on this board. 

Edited by TNVolFan2000

I know when sevier came to Cleveland, their fans were a classy bunch. I even met a few and talked to them quite a bit. And on the field, their players showed good sportsmanship in helping our players up and tapping them on the butt out of respect. I guess my experience was different.

Edited by fooseball96

Is it a sign of respect to spear a player after the whistle blows?

I did not see that play well enough to comment on what or what didn't happen. And since you all only use the big screen for commercials and the animation when there is a flag we never got to see the calls that were somewhat controversial to understand what did or didn't happen. 

Football is a physical game. Players get out of position and sometimes have to make quick decisions on how to react to the positions of other players either to protect themselves or protect other players or both.  Whistles are not blown consistently - sometimes the ref lets the play continue longer than they should - sometimes they don't.  Most penalties are the result of that rather than a player trying to hurt another player. 

I didn't see any player on either side purposely try to injure another player.

I did see players playing hard and physical.  Football is a physical game and yes Rhea County is a very physical team - a lot more so that SC.