Oakdale 2016

SweetEmotion

I'm not sure what they have coming up, but my friend told me that the guy that coached the team this year didn't have much of a clue. He is from Harriman and never played football.

I go to church with JR and he's a good dude doing what nobody has ever done at Oakdale before. If he doesn't have a clue then I'm not real sure about some other teams in the area. No need to come on here making asinine comments about somebody not having a clue, especially with some of the stupid comments you have made in recent weeks

I go to church with JR and he's a good dude doing what nobody has ever done at Oakdale before. If he doesn't have a clue then I'm not real sure about some other teams in the area. No need to come on here making asinine comments about somebody not having a clue, especially with some of the stupid comments you have made in recent weeks

That was a pretty crude remark, but he does do some things that make you really scratch your head. I guess it was a good move for the program, but I didn't like moving up to region 1. its weak other than the traditional power cloudland. our schedule couldn't get much weaker after the first three games.

That was a pretty crude remark, but he does do some things that make you really scratch your head. I guess it was a good move for the program, but I didn't like moving up to region 1. its weak other than the traditional power cloudland. our schedule couldn't get much weaker after the first three games.

I tend to agree there, but that was the AD's move to make I'm pretty sure. You've got to do what you can to build a program. Winning games gets the athletes that don't play inside the school wanting to play. There were several athletes in that school this year that didn't play. Those kids could easily have made a huge difference. You've gotta change the face and build more depth before you can compete with the big dogs

I tend to agree there, but that was the AD's move to make I'm pretty sure. You've got to do what you can to build a program. Winning games gets the athletes that don't play inside the school wanting to play. There were several athletes in that school this year that didn't play. Those kids could easily have made a huge difference. You've gotta change the face and build more depth before you can compete with the big dogs

That is true, but we needed a couple of teams that were in the middle to check our selves against. we were 0 and 4 against really good teams. 7 and 0 against teams that were terrible.

That is true, but we needed a couple of teams that were in the middle to check our selves against. we were 0 and 4 against really good teams. 7 and 0 against teams that were terrible.

usually Sunbright and Wartburg are those teams, both of them being really down, while Oakdale is having success hurts. Those are usually your big county rival gate games. I don't think there is anyway you guys go without playing those teams.

I'm not sure what they have coming up, but my friend told me that the guy that coached the team this year didn't have much of a clue. He is from Harriman and never played football.

The coach that is from Harriman was an All-State football player at Harriman in the 90s when Harriman was dominant every year. He could've played college football but chose to play baseball instead. And SE, when you are trying to build a program and make the playoffs for the first time in 20 years, what good would it have done them to stay in region 2 where the playoffs weren't an option? They played 2 very tough non region games this year. They could've dropped CF and played Pickett Co and won 8 games but Voyles wouldn't do it.

The coach that is from Harriman was an All-State football player at Harriman in the 90s when Harriman was dominant every year. He could've played college football but chose to play baseball instead. And SE, when you are trying to build a program and make the playoffs for the first time in 20 years, what good would it have done them to stay in region 2 where the playoffs weren't an option? They played 2 very tough non region games this year. They could've dropped CF and played Pickett Co and won 8 games but Voyles wouldn't do it.

+1

I wasn't talking about Coach Voyles. The middle school coach is the one I was told about. I remember JR when he played at Harriman. Good football player, better baseball player. 

Edited by EastTennesseeExpert

I wasn't talking about Coach Voyles. The middle school coach is the one I was told about. I remember JR when he played at Harriman. Good football player, better baseball player.

You would be wrong about McCartt too. He may not have been an all state guy, but he studies the game of football more than most. He does whatever he can for that school. im not sure he even wanted to coach the middle school, but he did, along with still helping the high school, and helping with girls basketball because there wasn't much help.

You would be wrong about McCartt too. He may not have been an all state guy, but he studies the game of football more than most. He does whatever he can for that school. im not sure he even wanted to coach the middle school, but he did, along with still helping the high school, and helping with girls basketball because there wasn't much help.

McCartt is one of the more knowledgeable football minds in the county and I'm talking about high school too