congrats to Scott Blade on another State championship!

Runswithknife

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll drop this topic because it's old news, but your questions show me that you're the one that doesn't know him at all. He didn't keep his feelings for OR a secret at all. Move on...he's gone, he doesn't like OR at all, you like him, but he doesn't like you.

Where did Scott say all of that stuff? Not saying he didn't, but I've never heard that. Now, what I do know is he left Oak Ridge because he thought the talent well was running dry. For whatever reason kids just didn't come out for Blade here. Whether that was how he wanted it (have heard he never wanted a lot of numbers, or jersey wearers so to saywhile he was here) or the kids just didn't like him? Either way, it's water under the bridge now. Scott seems like a quality guy, and I wish him the best.

Where did Scott say all of that stuff? Not saying he didn't, but I've never heard that. Now, what I do know is he left Oak Ridge because he thought the talent well was running dry. For whatever reason kids just didn't come out for Blade here. Whether that was how he wanted it (have heard he never wanted a lot of numbers, or jersey wearers so to saywhile he was here) or the kids just didn't like him? Either way, it's water under the bridge now. Scott seems like a quality guy, and I wish him the best.

I have no problem with him, I was glad to see him win the other night, but those who knew him knew he couldn't wait to get out of here.

I have no problem with him, I was glad to see him win the other night, but those who knew him knew he couldn't wait to get out of here.

In the article I read when he left here he did nothing but praise Oak Ridge, but of course he isn't going to publicly say what he thinks. Just wasn't a good fit here for whatever reason. Darn good coach, though. He did a great job here with limited talent. But, he had a bunch of hard nosed, tough, disciplined players at OR, and sometimes that can overcome those shortcomings. We had no business going to the semi's in 2010 with that team, but give or take a few plays against Maryville and we would've played for state that year, and possibly in 2012 if we had of beaten them that year. He got a lot out of the talent he had, and I can say one thing, his teams here always improved as the season went along.

Edited by SweetScience

he never said that he hates Oak Ridge. Edited by Runswithknife

The word is that the list is long....for starters, he couldn't win a state title there, OR doesn't have enough athletes any more...nothing like the quantity of athletes he had at Hillsboro or he has at Independence, he hated the tradition of OR and the pressure it placed on him, he didn't care for the school itself, he didn't care for the city of OR, he didn't like East TN and constantly talked about how much better football was in Middle TN, and he thought OR football was very overrated. That's just the tip of the iceberg

Maybe u are right. I guess that he is just not as loyal as Joe Gaddis! Lol!!