Reflecting on this years BA team

steelerfan32

I have been wondering this since I heard that BA lost to trinity, but if BA wouldn't have lost to trinity, would they be the states best team ever?? No one ever really threatened them in a game all year except the trinity loss and state title and they scored at least 41 in all their wins except one game.. Let me know yalls thoughts on this I just figured I'd ask see what happens

Edited by steelerfan32

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have no problem saying that this BA team will go down as one of the best football teams that the state of Tennessee has produced in the 40 years I have been following football in this state. Im not sure all the details but I was told that BA was playing a lot of young players in the beginning of the year to get the team ready and at the time they played Trinity, that they were playing two QBs and were probably not to concerned with winning and losing that early in the season. I think when people look back they will appreciate the type of talent that not only BA had this year but all of Div.2AA. I think BA will drop off significantly next year with the exception of a few players.

I would have no problem saying that this BA team will go down as one of the best football teams that the state of Tennessee has produced in the 40 years I have been following football in this state. Im not sure all the details but I was told that BA was playing a lot of young players in the beginning of the year to get the team ready and at the time they played Trinity, that they were playing two QBs and were probably not to concerned with winning and losing that early in the season. I think when people look back they will appreciate the type of talent that not only BA had this year but all of Div.2AA. I think BA will drop off significantly next year with the exception of a few players.

it is true that they were rotating but they also had 5 turnovers and against anyone that's good enough to get you beat.. I honestly think that they can repeat next year.. They only need a few guy on the line to step up they have 1 starter on the o and dline coming back next year along with most of their skill players coming back.. Who do you think will be good next year in D2

I don't think BA can repeat. Lost their whole offensive and defensive lines. Yes they will have Oatsvall back who will no doubt be the top QB in the state along with Johnson at WR who is a elite athlete but I'm not sure they will have the up front guys to get them back to Cookville. I think MBA will be very good again with a chance to win it all. Ensworth will be much improved and Bowers will have those kids ready to play. I really don't know much about the teams from the East and West so it would not be fair for me to weigh in on those teams. I will have a nephew at MBA next year so I have to say my vote is for the Big Red! What about you?

I have been wondering this since I heard that BA lost to trinity, but if BA wouldn't have lost to trinity, would they be the states best team ever?? No one ever really threatened them in a game all year except the trinity loss and state title and they scored at least 41 in all their wins except one game.. Let me know yalls thoughts on this I just figured I'd ask see what happens

Best team ever? No, but they will certainly be up there. They certainly played up to their potential and showed the resolve that all title teams must have

I don't think BA can repeat. Lost their whole offensive and defensive lines. Yes they will have Oatsvall back who will no doubt be the top QB in the state along with Johnson at WR who is a elite athlete but I'm not sure they will have the up front guys to get them back to Cookville. I think MBA will be very good again with a chance to win it all. Ensworth will be much improved and Bowers will have those kids ready to play. I really don't know much about the teams from the East and West so it would not be fair for me to weigh in on those teams. I will have a nephew at MBA next year so I have to say my vote is for the Big Red! What about you?

Maybe not next year, but long term I'd keep my eye on Christian Brothers. McDaniel will have them rolling in pretty short order

This BA team was very good, but best ever? You may not want to forget the 72 Tennessee High and I believe the 86 Jefferson County team. This BA team may even be the 4th best BA team (88,95,& 96). I personally saw the 95 & 96 teams, and would venture to say no one in this state could have ever beat those teams. I rooted against them, but was amazed by the talent they possesed.

What about that Ensworth team with Corn Elder when they finished undefeated, beat one or two out of state opponents like a drum and were ranked 7th in the country?

MBA will be good solely bc they have chandler returning however as BA, they lost their entire Line and they have to replace the entire defense except for 2 players I believe. Baylor lost everyone and Mccallie will be average JP2 will be JP2, father Ryan will be down even from last season record. The only teams BA might have problems with is ensworth and MBA. Ensworth was straight sophomores and we're young so it will be interesting

This BA team was very good, but best ever? You may not want to forget the 72 Tennessee High and I believe the 86 Jefferson County team. This BA team may even be the 4th best BA team (88,95,& 96). I personally saw the 95 & 96 teams, and would venture to say no one in this state could have ever beat those teams. I rooted against them, but was amazed by the talent they possesed.

I'd take this years BA team over the first 3 teams you mentioned bc they would have never seen the talent this years team had. The 95-96 teams though could have hung in there with this team because they arguably had one of the states all time best HS Rb's in Kurston Biggers. He was the real deal in high school

What about that Ensworth team with Corn Elder when they finished undefeated, beat one or two out of state opponents like a drum and were ranked 7th in the country?

that would be one heck of a matchup if these 2 teams played whew talent everywhere.. Corn was insanely good, but his oline that year was insanely good as well.. That game in 2012 though I felt BA had way more talent and was the better team, but their QB blew the game for them at ensworth playing his worst game he ever played in high school.. This years BA team would match up well bc of their interior front they had and their dynamic QB something they didn't have them and that's always a wild card to have

I am on another national site and trinity was nationally ranked and still is after 2 loses by them. BA is currently 28th I believe and has an outside shot of finishing in the top 25. I would imagine if the loss to trinity had not happened they would be top 15 ish - just my hunch.

This debate is interesting because I look at BA as a team and see many strengths and some weaknesses like all the teams. I look back at some of the BA teams of old -

Have been around the school since 1992 and a fair question for some of the old timers would be a matchup of this team versus some of the older BA teams.

I loved watching this team and they have a lot of talent - not as fast as some of the old BA teams of past and maybe not quite as physical in spots ... Offensively I don't remember a better team. I also enjoyed watching Brandon Adams all year. He developed into the player I though he would be and I believe with hard work he will be a difference maker on the next level.

Congrats again to BA - was at school last night and everyone is still talking about this win

Edited by baylorbigdog1976