riverdale 20 oakland 0

warriordawg31

Warriors win, but the game was closer than the score.

Patriots, you have nothing to be ashamed of tonight.

Oakland killed themselves with turnovers, and Riverdale tried to return the favor with penalties.

Now it is on to round 3 against Blackman. Region4fan, who you gonna pull for, and who do you think will win.

Congratulations to the Warriors for moving on, and to the Patriots for a good hard fought end to their season.

[Edited by Riverdale on 11-15-02 9:37P]

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

To all the Oakland players and coaches: Thank you so much for letting me be a part of your family this year. I have watched you grow into men this year. We had to face a lot of adversity from the very start....what with losing Jason Carter and Joey Odom. We dealt with it though. Then when we had our little slump...we had to deal with some fair weather fans along that way. But we dealt with it. No one thought we would even get into the playoffs. But we did it. Then last week's game ...well no one thought we could win on the road against a tough Cumberland team. But we did it. Then no one gave us a prayer of a chance in this game. But we showed them. You guys have nothing to hang your heads for. The next few days will be extremely hard...especially for the seniors.But you will get through it. Later you will look back on your great times as an Oakland Patriot with pride and happiness. Never forget that this team will go down in the books as fearless and full of heart. We love you guys. You have remained a class act and made us proud!I am proud to be your # 1 fan!!

Guest region4fan

Riverdale....congrats on your win. You are right we shot ourselves in the foot too many times. Riverdale did the same as last time.....way too many penalties!!Has it been like that all season? I was expecting some big plays tonight from Thomas , but he wasn't a factor. Oglesby wasn't either. I was impressed with Gaddes. He was everywhere. Is he a senior? (I hope!!)I still do not like your QB at all.I just DO NOT like him!

I think that Blackman has the best Oline in our region. With their QB out...welll. I really thought that Cookeville would beat Blackman. I guess I need to hear from Slim about their game before I make my pick.I do think that if you shut Rico down that this Blackman team will fold. They do not believe they can win w/o him.

Enjoy your win. Don't think that since my boys lost that you got rid of me on here!1 HAHA!!!You need somebody to pick on, might as well be me!

OK, so Oglesby didn't have FIVE sacks this time. I guess he's not a factor. Instead of SUPER, Oglesby just played GREAT. C'mon now, the guy probably had 7-8 tackles and decked Ebalaroza a couple of times. We Patriot fans need to give credit where credit is due. Our defense played very good and Riverdale's played great. Settled! Now let's lick our wounds and get excited about next season with all our talented players returning! Oglesby will not be around next year, but all our guys will! GO PATS!

Guest region4fan

Patriot97...I do not think that Oglesby lived up to his nomination for Mr. Football. After never hearing of him before the last 3 weeks...I had expected much more from him last night.I have seen several players this season more deserving of a Mr. Football nomination than him.But.... I am not saying that he is a bad player.

I would have thought than if anyone from Region4 would get a nomination , it would be Chris Grimes from Lavergne. He played consistently all season.It never seems to be for a person from a losing team though.I realize he would have been in the back category and not the lineman ...before you jump on that one. How about Johnathan Carter on our D-line? He sure deserves something!

I do not know if you are a player, former player, or a fan.....but it is not time yet to look ahead to next year. That would be casting those seniors aside right now. They deserve compassion for all their hard work and dedication to this school. So give them some time to mourn this loss.Seniors , you will be terribly missed!

[Edited by region4fan on 11-16-02 1:54P]

Just because a PA announcer doesn't call his name after every play doesn't mean he isn't deserving of Mr. Football, but then again you're probably just one of those laymen fans who watches the progress of the football and whomever's hands it is placed. Of course we need to look to next season.....this one's OVER! GO PATS!

Patriot97....oglesby isnt deserving of it. I believe the only reason he got the nomination was because of the 3 weeks before he had a huge number of sacks. Last night, we shut him down. He never "decked" ebal. He may have tackled him on a scramble, but ebal only was decked like 2 times that i can think of, and one was on a run down to the rhs 3. you obviously are a fair weather fan. Once we win you praise us, but when we lose u point out our flaws, as if you could have done better. Region4fan is correct in everything he said. It is easy to sit back and say "hey, wait till next season" but u dont understand what we seniors did there, what the coaches did this year, and all the other players did. Its not as easy as "Hey wait till next year". I understand that the season is over, but you dont just say hey we lost, there is always next year. For us seniors there is no next year, this was our las game of the year. To sit back and say hey wait till next year is like saying we played this season for nothing. You obviously are one of those idiot fans who only cares about winning.

Guest region4fan

OLINEATHLETE....I am hurting for you.I know that it is very sad for you right now. Thanks for backing me up.

Thanks for the great job that you did for us all year. No one will ever be able to match your heart!1 We will sorely miss you.I promise that that ache will pass with time. You are right, Oglesby was predicted to get at least 5 sacks against us. He DIDN'T. Mr. Football candidates should find a way to get the job done EVERY GAME. Look at the film, Mr. Patriot97. If you compared Oglesby's play against Smyrna and against us, you would see what a good job Oakland 's O did to contain him. I guareantee you that Johnathan Carter had MORE tackles last night than Oglesby did!!!How about some credit for him? Chris Hill, too! Now if you call yourself a Patriot fan, where is the praise for our players???? I am not a fan who just watches the ball. I am not a fan who thinks the only players are the backs and Qb's. There is a lot more to a team than that.In fact, I am quite partial to O-lineman cause they get no credit whatsoever. I think maybe Patriot 97 is one of those fans who only goes to the Oakland Riverdale game and that's it. Well...I haven't missed an Oakland game since 97. I sure would like to know if you actually played on that 97 team. If you are an alumni, you should remember how these seniors feel. If you were a true fan, you would know what these kids have endured this year and the brotherhood that exists between these players , and they need to be honored.

patriot97 ,you are no fan of ours and there is no way that you are a former patriot player cause you would know how olineathlete feels right now. i am a junior and i do not want to look ahead to next season.i am sad that we lost and sad to see the seniors have to go.i am not ready to start leading this team yet.i still have things to learn from our seniors. i readonline all the time and i never have seen you post before on here.i aleways see region4fan , oakland2001, and olineathlete. never have i seen you on here...so i think you are the laymen fan. region4fan always finds good things to say. he never puts us down even when we did not play our best.that is what we need to hear from a fan. maybe region4 needs to start "good fan classes" to help you out.we dont need or want you on our side so pick it up and go on riverdale'sside next time.region4fan...your great. i hope you are with us next year just like this one.i would like to thank you for all your posts to us.it helped when we were at our low point to hear someone believed in us.

[Edited by olandpats on 11-17-02 10:09A]

Right ...you know it all.are you gonna tell me that we didn't need Chris Hill, Johnathan Carter, Justin Parrott, TripleB, Josh Jenkins and the rest of our seniors. you know NOTHING. i was right you never played the game of football one day in your life.we juniors looked up to these seniors in every way.if you really watched our game you would see that it was juniors who fumbled and a junior who had clear touchdown passes but danced around til he got nailed.i am a junior who has PLAYNG TIME so i can talk . we got work to do all around on this team including me. but we would not have been where we were without our SENIORS...every one of them. sign off and stay off!!!!

it was john paul gaddes who shut us down not oglesby.

[Edited by olandpats on 11-17-02 10:21A]