Bradley, Soddy and Cleveland

DaChampsAgain

So help me figure this all out. During all these individual tournys this year, he just picked random guys to be asst coaches on the mats? I don't believe this nonsense what so ever. If they're asst coaches there not getting paid, recruiting schools are smart after all.

He has zero (0) assistant coaches that teach at Father Ryan. He does have assistant coaches that work another job but also work as his assistant coach. Believe me when I tell you the pay would probably not cover their gas to and from wrestling events for the year. They would make more money getting the federal mandate .54 per mile for their travel expenses.

You speak of "recruiting schools" and I would like to know what wrestlers on the FR team were recruited?

Edited by cbg

He has zero (0) assistant coaches that teach at Father Ryan. He does have assistant coaches that work another job assistant coaches.

You speak of "recruiting schools" and I would like to know what wrestlers on the FR team were recruited?

Yes, I would like to know which wrestlers the Irish recruited as well. As another poster noted, Ryan has benefitted from the Nashville Catholic program for years now - they aren't a "go out and get them program," those boys are homegrown.

This silly, passive aggressive sniping at the "recruiting schools" falls on deaf ears when the aggressor is a Bradley homer - your school has free, open enrollment! If Ryan went after a kid and Bradley went after a kid, I would venture a guess that Ryan's $13,000 tuition would turn away 9/10 kids.

Stop playing the victim, BC isn't one of the "little schools" that the privates annually beat up on, this years Irish smackdown notwithstanding

Yes, I would like to know which wrestlers the Irish recruited as well. As another poster noted, Ryan has benefitted from the Nashville Catholic program for years now - they aren't a "go out and get them program," those boys are homegrown.

This silly, passive aggressive sniping at the "recruiting schools" falls on deaf ears when the aggressor is a Bradley homer - your school has free, open enrollment! If Ryan went after a kid and Bradley went after a kid, I would venture a guess that Ryan's $13,000 tuition would turn away 9/10 kids.

Stop playing the victim, BC isn't one of the "little schools" that the privates annually beat up on, this years Irish smackdown notwithstanding

Remember that the Catholic Tuition is $13,275.00 & the Non Catholic Tuition is $18,125.00.

Remember that the Catholic Tuition is $13,275.00 & the Non Catholic Tuition is $18,125.00.

Good point - kids Ryan would allegedly be "recruiting" would be the non-Catholics, and parents wiling to part with $72,000 in the interest of their kid furthering their wrestling career are few and far between...especially when free, open enrollment schools like BC are so readily available ;)

DaChamps has been disparaging the Irish all year, which just absolutely reeks of sour grapes.

That's interesting. I never knew this. Is this the same policy at all Catholic schools? What is the rationale here?

You know, I've sent three kids through Catholic schools K-12 and never thought about the "rationale" behind having a different tuition for Catholics and non-Catholics. But yes, at both the parochial school I sent my children to and Father Ryan, non-Catholics paid substantially more.

You know, I've sent three kids through Catholic schools K-12 and never thought about the "rationale" behind having a different tuition for Catholics and non-Catholics. But yes, at both the parochial school I sent my children to and Father Ryan, non-Catholics paid substantially more.

Makes since to me... Even at the university level,,, Tithes pay much of campus and Tuition costs at BYU where I attended for $600/semester before any scholarships. Non latter day saints students only paid $1,200+- in the 80's. Today the gap is similar, closer to $2,500/5,000 per semester I understand. With church support, donations, grants, lower than average salaries, and sports programs generating up to a million $'s per week + 30,000 paying students (the greater % members), it works there.

For some reason, some Shultz era happenings and ultimately title 9 shut down a fine Cougar wrestling program in the late 80's. :(

Edited by Sommers

Or, you know, what great coaching and a phenomenal work ethic can produce

What's amazing is what they have done our of state, and they are just about to Peak in time to finish strong here and then go out of state again to represent Tennessee well nationally the next couple of months.

Congrats to a competitive, yet gracious coaching philosophy.