Warren County 2016

PIONEERS12

I talked to him at the Oakland exposure camp.  He wants desperately to go to Tennessee, but they haven't offered him yet.

If you're a TN fan maybe you remember how Doofus Dooley chose not to sign ANY offensive lineman for the 2012 class. When Butch arrived at UT the cupboard concerning our OL was extremely bare thanks in large part to Dooley's idiotic decision. Due to that and other circumstances such as players transferring or being kicked off the team, plus at least one career ending injury, CBJ inherited a team greatly lacking in that department. We had very little depth, even less experience, and likely the least starting, quality SEC caliber type of linemen in the conference. Worley got destroyed every game that first year.

For all of those reasons CBJ has recruited offensive lineman the hardest out of any position up until this year. We now have one of the best starting OLs in the SEC, and behind those starters is a depth chart that's fully stocked with lots of highly rated players. Currently we just don't have much of a need for them. Butch hasn't hardly recruited very many that's apart of the 2017 class. And even fewer legit offers have been thrown out their way. We currently have two OL signed and unfortunately for K'Rojhn I don't think we'll see UT take anymore, especially actual tackles. Maybe we'd take one guard, and I don't see us turning down a big 5 star offensive lineman if they wanted to commit here either. 

It's not that K'Rojhn isn't a SEC quality player, it's just CBJ seemingly held other offensive lineman in higher regard. Id love if he walked on at UT, I believe he'd earn a scholarship after his first year. I just don't see that ever happening considering he's apparently got 3 SEC offers already.

If you're a TN fan maybe you remember how Doofus Dooley chose not to sign ANY offensive lineman for the 2012 class. When Butch arrived at UT the cupboard concerning our OL was extremely bare thanks in large part to Dooley's idiotic decision. Due to that and other circumstances such as players transferring or being kicked off the team, plus at least one career ending injury, CBJ inherited a team greatly lacking in that department. We had very little depth, even less experience, and likely the least starting, quality SEC caliber type of linemen in the conference. Worley got destroyed every game that first year.

For all of those reasons CBJ has recruited offensive lineman the hardest out of any position up until this year. We now have one of the best starting OLs in the SEC, and behind those starters is a depth chart that's fully stocked with lots of highly rated players. Currently we just don't have much of a need for them. Butch hasn't hardly recruited very many that's apart of the 2017 class. And even fewer legit offers have been thrown out their way. We currently have two OL signed and unfortunately for K'Rojhn I don't think we'll see UT take anymore, especially actual tackles. Maybe we'd take one guard, and I don't see us turning down a big 5 star offensive lineman if they wanted to commit here either.

It's not that K'Rojhn isn't a SEC quality player, it's just CBJ seemingly held other offensive lineman in higher regard. Id love if he walked on at UT, I believe he'd earn a scholarship after his first year. I just don't see that ever happening considering he's apparently got 3 SEC offers already.

After watching this kid Friday night, I believe his best option if he really wants to be a future Vol is go the junior college route. Kid has all the talent in the world but he is raw, very raw for an o tackle. Go to a good JUCO, learn the position and go from there. JMO. The Stuart kid has the technique just not the height or arm length for a major college o line. Both should be playing college ball in the future though. JMO

After watching this kid Friday night, I believe his best option if he really wants to be a future Vol is go the junior college route. Kid has all the talent in the world but he is raw, very raw for an o tackle. Go to a good JUCO, learn the position and go from there. JMO. The Stuart kid has the technique just not the height or arm length for a major college o line. Both should be playing college ball in the future though. JMO

you need to step away from the bong!!

Excellent idea. I'm sure he hasn't received the best coaching at WC. One year at a JUCO school could really do him wonders. He would get the coaching he needs to learn the basic fundamentals of his position. His stock could rise tremendously if the raw talent is there, which I too believe it is.

WC has 1 legit college prospect. Everybody else we play this year will 5-10,

No not quite. Not anywhere close to 5-10 for the majority of schools on yalls schedule. DC and SC likely has 0. Riverdale, Oakland, and Blackman are the only schools that may have 5 or more. Lebanon, Coffee, and Siegel may have 5 between the 3 of them. Smyrna and Cookeville may have 2-3 each.

And I'm not talking NAIA, D3, etc. When I think legit college prospect I have Bowl Subdivision (SEC, ACC, Big Ten on the high end, Conference USA, Sun Belt on the low end) and Championship Subdivision ( teams like Chattanooga, Montana, North Dakota State) in mind.