Region 6A

Vandychris

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the score was 31-27 at half and the final score was 78-48 how did Summertown score 50+? 78-31= 47. Not trying to down playing it but I've seen a couple of y'all say 54, 55 points? That would make it 85 or 86. But I expect it to be a good game but it worries me because Summertown is really good and are due a really good win and Perry County's due a bad game. Just hope I'm wrong but most the time im not.

lockdowndfense9450

Posted Today, 11:32 PM

No doubt Perry County is playing very well, out scoring their district/region opponents by something like 222-126. The question is can they continue to play at that level. They have the pressure of playing in front of their home crowd (yes, playing at home is nice but also comes with more pressure to win) and playing the team that has beat them twice this year. Summertown with their length, has the team to "potentially" slow down that PC offensive explosion that they have been on. PC hasn't been tested at all since the district tourney started, how will they react to a tight game? Summertown has been struggling offensively lately, well until the 2nd half of the Hampshire game where they score something like 55 and it mostly came from the post, which is not the scouting report on Summertown. Should be an outstanding game! Would not want to be watching any other game come Monday night.

Just wondering how have we not been tested? Y'all lost to Clifton by 9 we won by 31. Y'all beat Loretto by 12 but it was tight until like 3 minutes to go. We won by 18 and was up by 26. If Perry County plays like they have they should win but most Perry County teams never play good against Summertown in games like this. Statically speaking Perry County girls or boys don't play good against Summertown.

Give credit to PC, they have jumped on their opponents early and have put them away. Just as I said, Summertown has been struggling offensively, that's why they lost to FH and beat Loretto late. That's what I meant. True, if PC plays like they have been, they most likely will win, again, that's why I said Summertown can "potentially" slow down their offense. But thanks for restating what I had already said. Should be a good one!

Edited by lockdowndfense9450

The Lady Vikings played well to get the victory but i got to tip my hat to the Summertown Lady Eagles. That team only has one Senior, McKenzie Kilburn, and she was studly all night long. She had 34 points of the 59 scored by the Lady Eagles. Summertown may be young but they clawed and scratched their were back into the game when a lot of teams would of just said well maybe next year. Not these Lady Eagles. They fought their hind-ends off until the buzzer sounded. It was a great game to watch. Yes Perry County was ahead most the game but it was becoming a nail biter with 3 minutes to go in the game. Hope the Lady Vikings come out and play to their best ability against a much improved Columbia Academy team. Once again congratulations Summertown on a great season. Can't wait to see how good y'all will be next year when everyone is a junior and we all know they will be even more improved.