EHS Girls Basketball placed on TSSAA probation

dawgpound69

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That rule is so vague that a coach shooting baskets in the back yard with his niece, saying hello at Walmart, or an 8th grader watching a high school game can be a violation. Depending on who is involved or who reports it. Make the rules black and white and enforce them. What I understand about this incident, the girl was just shooting around with some girls and left when the coach came in.

Your post is not an honest opinion...sounds more like OJ's lawyers attempting to cast doubt. The three scenario's that you mention are not violations, but the "girl just shooting around with some girls" just so happened to be shooting around with the Lady Cyclone team, in the gym, with one of the coaches present.

Just when I'm feeling that this whole thread is a molehill that's being made into a mountain and that I shouldn't have given an opinion at all, some knucklehead posts some gibberish so transparent that any reasonable person can see an agenda behind it.

The violation took place, TSSAA was notified, and a punishment was handed down (not that it matters to anyone at all) that I'm fine with. There are some reasonable individuals who differ in their opinion here, and that's what keeps the board interesting, but this wide eyed "what did they do wrong" approach tells me that it's time for me to exit the discussion.

What everyone needs to understand is that Sparky (KK) played for Coach Dugger and both his kids have played for coach Dugger. His blind loyalty to Coach Dugger means he cannot be objective about Coach Dugger.  

He would never admit Dugger was a cheater.  Ever.   Even though his (Dugger's) history clearly shows he is.   

The irony is that this time, Dugger likely did not know the girl was coming to practice as he certainly knows the rules and would not have blatantly violated this rule at such a critical point in his likely last season as head coach of Eliz.   

Thanks Limestone for the endorsement. What everyone also needs to know is that Limestone is a long time Elizabethton and Dugger hater.

I am a perfectly rationale person that works in a profession that necessitates being objective. I absolutely do support Coach Dugger, but I don't agree with him all the time as I have stated on this and other forums multiple times. The history to which you are referring was many years ago. Despite your commentary, I am perfectly capable of being objective.  As you have stated, it makes absolutely no sense for him to blatantly violate a rule of this nature at this time for a kid that couldn't possibly play before next year. What really chaps me is that because of the EHS girls' success, every time a kid decides to move to be part of the program, the local detractors just assume the kid was recruited. Every kid that has moved or transferred during the time that I have been part of the program has done so of their own accord. During this period there have been a number of in zone kids go to rival schools to play for whatever reasons.

Your post is not an honest opinion...sounds more like OJ's lawyers attempting to cast doubt. The three scenario's that you mention are not violations, but the "girl just shooting around with some girls" just so happened to be shooting around with the Lady Cyclone team, in the gym, with one of the coaches present.

Just when I'm feeling that this whole thread is a molehill that's being made into a mountain and that I shouldn't have given an opinion at all, some knucklehead posts some gibberish so transparent that any reasonable person can see an agenda behind it.

The violation took place, TSSAA was notified, and a punishment was handed down (not that it matters to anyone at all) that I'm fine with. There are some reasonable individuals who differ in their opinion here, and that's what keeps the board interesting, but this wide eyed "what did they do wrong" approach tells me that it's time for me to exit the discussion.

That rule does not specify what is a violation, it just says that a school can't try to persuade a player to come play there. It doesn't define what is recruitment or what is not. It open to interpretation. All I'm saying is make the rules clear. State what is a violation so everyone knows. It's not that hard. Why would my opinion not be honest? I've never been to elizabethton, and I'm just pointing out that the rules are not clear and need to be clarified

That rule does not specify what is a violation, it just says that a school can't try to persuade a player to come play there. It doesn't define what is recruitment or what is not. It open to interpretation. All I'm saying is make the rules clear. State what is a violation so everyone knows. It's not that hard. Why would my opinion not be honest? I've never been to elizabethton, and I'm just pointing out that the rules are not clear and need to be clarified

If your ever close by sometime come visit us.

Thanks Limestone for the endorsement. What everyone also needs to know is that Limestone is a long time Elizabethton and Dugger hater.

I am a perfectly rationale person that works in a profession that necessitates being objective. I absolutely do support Coach Dugger, but I don't agree with him all the time as I have stated on this and other forums multiple times. The history to which you are referring was many years ago. Despite your commentary, I am perfectly capable of being objective.  As you have stated, it makes absolutely no sense for him to blatantly violate a rule of this nature at this time for a kid that couldn't possibly play before next year. What really chaps me is that because of the EHS girls' success, every time a kid decides to move to be part of the program, the local detractors just assume the kid was recruited. Every kid that has moved or transferred during the time that I have been part of the program has done so of their own accord. During this period there have been a number of in zone kids go to rival schools to play for whatever reasons.

Just like Limestone, you are merely voicing your opinion on this matter. Doesn't make you right or wrong just as it doesn't make him right or wrong.  Bottom line is there was a clear violation and you got a slap on the wrist for it.  Consider yourself lucky  :popcorneater:

What you need to understand about Sparky is he is never ever wrong and he wrote the book on objectivity,  Just ask him.    His rationale about being a rational person is pure gold.

I am not a Dugger hater.   I give him his props for being a very good coach.   I just dont like his ethics about some things; and thats not a recent event.