Hampton vs Meigs. Replay of 2015 sub state ?

Newsworthy

With news from Meigs. Game plan in place practicing foul shots and are confident in their guards to beat the hhs press. Hampton better be ready to box out and play d. Tigers are poised and looking at the glass house!

Press designed to do a bit more than just stop the ball...Meigs won't have a hard time breaking it....And D is our middle name.

A team not poised at this point shouldn't be on the floor.

Probably not played a team like Meigs since summer at Maryville and Myrtle Beach...Although Grainger played dang good our last meeting...But we're very familiar with very good teams.

SOS means nothing to me in football but does have a small bearing when it comes to basketball.

Last March we hadn't met up with a team like UC but played to the wire within 4...So, you just never know till you play the game

With news from Meigs. Game plan in place practicing foul shots and are confident in their guards to beat the hhs press. Hampton better be ready to box out and play d. Tigers are poised and looking at the glass house!

Some good teams season's will be ending Monday night. This game is just one of the examples and there is no guarantee that the better team wins. Being at Home is our biggest advantage but I'm sure Meigs will have a rowdy bunch on hand. They travel really well . They remind me of SMALL TOWN PRIDE .

Not me, my mom was in middle school then :D

We MUST REBOUND THE BALL to win this one...I believe our top 3 can hang with their's...Boxing out, everyone playing under control and good passing...These are a must.

Meigs will be rested and ready...we have our hands full

Well, I'm close to her age and got to watch some Hampton games during Coach Buck's last couple years ('65-'67) coaching there. I also got to watch one of Hampton's greatest, Willie Malone play at ETSU his Senior year in '65.  Willie was on the Hampton team that won State in 1960 - and that was before classifications. 

Some good teams season's will be ending Monday night. This game is just one of the examples and there is no guarantee that the better team wins. Being at Home is our biggest advantage but I'm sure Meigs will have a rowdy bunch on hand. They travel really well . They remind me of SMALL TOWN PRIDE .

Meigs does travel really well. Decatur isn't a whole lot different than Hampton. I've had the pleasure of growing up in the mountains and attending a great high school (Hampton). Now I live in a community that is much the same (just a lot flatter). No matter the outcome both teams are gonna give it their all. I'll be heading up tomorrow to visit the family and see some old friends, eat some Pals and have some breakfast at Nancy's or Laurel Fork on Monday morning ðŸ‘ðŸ»ðŸ‘ðŸ».

Meigs (Decatur) is much like Hampton.  A lot of small town pride and tradition with passionate fans who fill the gym, and many will make the three hour trip to Hampton Monday night. The old joke is true....you could rob any house there when they're playing a home basketball game or football game, because everyone is there.  Meigs' has a lot of respect for teams and communities like Hampton, because they mirror each other.

Meigs does travel really well. Decatur isn't a whole lot different than Hampton. I've had the pleasure of growing up in the mountains and attending a great high school (Hampton). Now I live in a community that is much the same (just a lot flatter). No matter the outcome both teams are gonna give it their all. I'll be heading up tomorrow to visit the family and see some old friends, eat some Pals and have some breakfast at Nancy's or Laurel Fork on Monday morning .

I may know who you are without knowing it!  lol

I don't attend all of Meigs' games, but get to catch a few each year. I know several of the player's parents and school administrators. Do you have a child playing?