FRA-Harding D2-A Finish - Unreal

osunut2

What about the Harding players not giving up and the coaches not throwing in the towel?

i was in the locker room at half time.  to a man, the coaches and the players all said they were not giving up, even the DNPCD squad, who wanted to win more than play and were some of the loudest cheering.

Edited by DougS

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is no one talking about this? I've never seen anything like what happened in the second half of that game on Saturday. FRA jumped out fast and pushed the lead to 31 points with 4 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. Harding started chipping away, cut it to 14 or 15 by the end of the quarter, then tied it with a minute to go. They even had a chance to win in regulation, but missed the game winning 3; ultimately, they sealed it with FTs in the final minute of OT.

I don't think I've ever seen anything like that, on any level of bball.

only in the NBA.... and occasionally in College...

Harding only lead the game for a combined total of 57 seconds, and NONE in regulation and the most important last 40 seconds of OT.

only in the NBA.... and occasionally in College...

Harding only lead the game for a combined total of 57 seconds, and NONE in regulation and the most important last 40 seconds of OT.

John is a nice guy, was a great basketball coach, and always seems to have a coached up great post player every year. However, this loss is a head scratcher for many reasons. I am sure he will remember it and learn from it.

John is a nice guy, was a great basketball coach, and always seems to have a coached up great post player every year. However, this loss is a head scratcher for many reasons. I am sure he will remember it and learn from it.

think he will still be a great basketball coach.  i pray this 12 minute stretch of basketball does not redefine him...

and he does know a thing or 2 about playing basketball and scoring... considering his banner hangs from the rafters at Allen Arena and he has scored more points than any player in any level of NCAA basketball...

a week later and it is still unbelievable....  I watched it again the other day and knowing how the game turns out, was still "sick" on how the game was going in the first 20 minutes of the game....

think he will still be a great basketball coach. i pray this 12 minute stretch of basketball does not redefine him...

and he does know a thing or 2 about playing basketball and scoring... considering his banner hangs from the rafters at Allen Arena and he has scored more points than any player in any level of NCAA basketball...

a week later and it is still unbelievable.... I watched it again the other day and knowing how the game turns out, was still "sick" on how the game was going in the first 20 minutes of the game....

I mistyped. Meant to type "was a great basketball player". I really enjoy watching his posts play so hard and fundamental year after year.

I apologize for incorrectly typing my thought in that sentence.

Edited by Playerscoach

I saw this game and it was awesome! We should credit Harding for an unreal die hard spirit. Let's not shame FRA or their Coach for giving a great effort. Sometimes execution leaves us all as was the case for FRA but those kids had an amazing season. Kudos to both teams for all their hard work and a very entertaining state final.