Cordova & East should hope to avoid Blackman

megatron

I think a low scoring game favors East. East has already played 10 players. If Blackman is not going to engage on 'D' ... it will be a LONG game for Blackman. I think it is a VERY good, well though out strategy.

Respectfully disagree.I think they should stay in attack mode. If it is a 10 point game in 4th quarter, then you pull it out.

Edited by Norman Dale

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mainly because they are the more talented team.They are showing in 2nd quarter they can attack zone just fine.

The less defense East has to play on Blackman's guards denying them the ball ... the longer they play with energy. The 2nd half will take it's toll on Blackman.

Respectfully disagree.I think they should stay in attack mode. If it is a 10 point game in 4th quarter, then you pull it out.

Blackman wants to run. East wants half court because Blackman isn't good at it. Blackman is going to have to engage and not sag to get Memphis East to speed up. It will be a long game for Blackman.

When you hold the ball, your players fall asleep as we just saw when the guy wasn't paying attention when ball was passed to him.

Although you don't like this tactic it's working wonderfully. The East team has more depth. The Blackman guards are being harassed all game and it only gets worse in the 2nd half. Holding the ball with a significant lead is detrimental to Blackman. The clock is NOT Blackman's friend.

Although you don't like this tactic it's working wonderfully. The East team has more depth. The Blackman guards are being harassed all game and it only gets worse in the 2nd half. Holding the ball with a significant lead is detrimental to Blackman. The clock is NOT Blackman's friend.

I am very impressed with defense of East. They can lock you down completely and play very hard.