FS/GR RR Maryville High School April 23

cate

If your club or wrestler is planning on attending please reply to ralexcate@gmail.com so I can estimate the projected turnout.

2016 Blount Force Open

Freestyle and Greco Round Robin Tournament

DATE & TIME:  Saturday April 23, 2016, Check-in/Scratch by 9:30AM Greco Starts at 10:00AM. Freestyle Tournament will begin at the conclusion of Greco Tournament.

LOCATION:  Maryville High School 825 Lawrence Avenue Maryville, TN 37803

WEIGH-INS & RANK:  Satellite Weigh-ins will be done at practice by club coaches. Enter your exact weight on trackwrestling when you register.  Enter rank 1-5, 1-state placer, 5-weak beginner.

TOURNAMENT FORMAT:  

Four Man Round Robin Brackets for both Freestyle and Greco. Groups will be formed by weight and rank entered on trackwrestling online registration.

REGISTRATION:  Register online at unapproved website Registration closes Thursday April 21 at 11:00PM CT.  You will need to register online for both the Freestyle and Greco tournaments.  NO WALK-UPS AND NO PAYING AT THE DOOR.  

ENTRY FEE:  $15 for one or both styles.

INSURANCE:  Each participant must have a valid USA Wrestling card. You will need to card in order to register on trackwrestling. purchase at www.themat.com

DIVISIONS AND WEIGHT CLASSES:  

NOVICE (2004-2005), SCHOOLBOY (2002-2003), CADET (2000-2001), JUNIOR (9/1/1996 & AFTER, PLUS ENROLLED IN GRADES 9-12). No weight classes, Wrestlers will be grouped by weight and rank.  *Divisions and weights will be combined when necessary to make full brackets.

CONCESSIONS:  There will be a fully stocked concession stand and complementary lunch for coaches with USA card.

ADMISSION:  $6 Adults, $3 for kids under 12

If you have any questions or contact Alex Cate 865-310-0438 or ralexcate@gmail.com

• 1 month later...

Registration is live if link does not work search Blount Force Open on trackwrestling. Be sure to click the check box by both Freestyle and Greco if planning to wrestle both. http://unapproved website/registration/BasicPreReg1.jsp?tournamentGroupId=229684009

I will using trackwrestling to group the wrestlers by weight and rank. Divisions will be combined to make full round robins when necessary.  The program also tries to separate guys from the same team, so have everyone from you club use the exact same team name to make this easier. Coaches are welcome to attend the scratch meeting and help me finalize the pairings before we print the the brackets. 

The King University wrestlers who will be officiating are going to do a rules clinic before the first session. Contact me at ralexcate@gmail.com if you have any questions.

I was informed the registration was set up to charge $15 for each style instead of both. It was fixed this morning and I will refund the $15 to those who paid double at registration. If anyone as any other issues registering or questions feel free to contact me. Thanks ACate

We currently have close to 60 wrestlers registered. I have extended the registration until friday evening in hopes of adding more wrestlers. Currently we have from wrestlers raning from 60lb 6th grader to 202lb 11th grader and everything in between. Its not too late to register. We are gonna run 4 mats so it should be an fast pace day.