2016 Milan BullDawgs

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Milan still scrimmage mayfield Kentucky. I've heard a few of those Yankees up north say they will be loaded this year. If so that would be a great scrimmage to see. Milan has struggled a lot against them in the past.

Yep, you do.

Mayfield is loaded and this will be a hard test for Milan.

Mayfield will be ready for you carpet baggers the first Friday in August.

Yep, you do.

Mayfield is loaded and this will be a hard test for Milan.

Mayfield will be ready for you carpet baggers the first Friday in August.

I am assuming you referred to us as carpet baggers cause volstomper called you guys yankees. FYI... Volstomper is not even a Milan fan. He is a troll that goes around to various team threads and says crazy things to rule people up.

Mayfield is a great program with a lot of class. It is wonderful to take pride in your team. You can do it and show class at the same time. Take a note or two from your team. ðŸ‘

I am assuming you referred to us as carpet baggers cause volstomper called you guys yankees. FYI... Volstomper is not even a Milan fan. He is a troll that goes around to various team threads and says crazy things to rule people up.

Mayfield is a great program with a lot of class. It is wonderful to take pride in your team. You can do it and show class at the same time. Take a note or two from your team.

All said in fun.

FYI, I have no idea who is a troll or not. Just didn't care for the yankee comment.

Milan is always a great test for Mayfield and both teams get useful feedback from this scrimmage.

Milan will have a very good year in 2016. I think they overachieved to a large degree last year and this year the game between them and Liberty in the State Quarterfinals of the playoffs will go a long way in deciding who goes to Cookeville to play Alcoa. CPA will have to replace 26 seniors who played a ton of snaps. This (the last year) is the chance to knock them off for many who are close. It wouldn't shock me if Fairview or Stratford were the midstate representative in that semifinal game. Both of them will be good this year. Stratford has a couple of kids who are SEC caliber prospects.

Milan will have a very good year in 2016. I think they overachieved to a large degree last year and this year the game between them and Liberty in the State Quarterfinals of the playoffs will go a long way in deciding who goes to Cookeville to play Alcoa. CPA will have to replace 26 seniors who played a ton of snaps. This (the last year) is the chance to knock them off for many who are close. It wouldn't shock me if Fairview or Stratford were the midstate representative in that semifinal game. Both of them will be good this year. Stratford has a couple of kids who are SEC caliber prospects.

Some of the Pearl Cohn guys were saying Stratford lost a lot and this would be a rebuilding year for them. Said the line especially was hit hard. This is where Milan and definitely Alcoa will excel. Trench play will be dominant.

Some of the Pearl Cohn guys were saying Stratford lost a lot and this would be a rebuilding year for them. Said the line especially was hit hard. This is where Milan and definitely Alcoa will excel. Trench play will be dominant.

They lost a lineman and a stud LB but they have a couple of guys who just happened to fall into their lap (namely one from Hendersonville who is a stud). They'll be the primary threat to CPA in Region 5. Region 6 should be a battle between Fairview and Camden once again. Fairview has the Beatherd kid (Iowa starting QB's brother) and Caldwell at running back. They'll be more of a running team this year. Camden has the Abernathy kid at QB who just received major interest from Jackson State. They'll be more of a spread attack this year is use multiple athletes as opposed to having Brown carry the load.

I think Milan will be well above Liberty this year. I actually think Dyersburg may beat beat Liberty this year. Liberty is not as good up front this year from what I hear. They have a lot of speed, but the big games are won up front. I'm sure I will be hearing from DHS lol

Edited by TrojanTrain

I think Milan will be well above Liberty this year. I actually think Dyersburg may beat beat Liberty this year. Liberty is not as good up front this year from what I hear. They have a lot of speed, but the big games are won up front. I'm sure I will be hearing from DHS lol

I hope you are right. Will be interesting to see what Liberty has show up once the dead period is over.

man oh man..."well above liberty"...like brentwood academy level??? O line was an issue last year and we survived until Thanksgiving...

O line is going to be an issue again...D line runs the show in west TN year in and year out...no worries there

i believe we will put up plenty of points this season regardless of O line performance...crazy talk there

I hope you are right. Will be interesting to see what Liberty has show up once the dead period is over.

1 more week and we will have an answer...still very up in the air