white county

big00

I don't think that last statement is correct at all. I don't see how we are setting up Coach Hess. That team is far above average or could be anyway. I know that for a fact. This is a team that beat oakland (state semi fianls)once last year and it returns everyone. Its got a great mix of experience and youth now its just gotta come together. I don't expect them to win the state tourney but I could see them playing in it. At the same time I can see them getting put out in the region. Its how far they wanna go and what will they do for it. I agree with Benchcoach, probably would have been better to play ourselves. Don't worry though they will be tested soon and often through the season.

Come on now benchcoach. I mean are you going to question every game on the schedule where White Co. plays a weaker team? Its like I said they will be tested soon enough. If they don't play in these hall of fame games they would open up with Tullahoma. White Co. blew them out last year. Just quit complaining all the time and lets watch and see. Everyone knows it means nothing for them to beat Spencer so why even talk about it? We both know they are going to play some good teams soon.

I don't agree with you salty. I don't think Hess is being set up for a fall. There aren't any superstars on this team, but I wouldn't call them average either. The bench is deep enough that Hess can make a lot of substitutions before he has any drop off. I'll take a team like Sparta with a lot of really good players any day. A team with only one or two stars surrounded by other average players is easy to figure out. Account for the stars, then let the average players try to beat you. Sparta will be able to put five players on the floor at all times that can play. That's tough to defend. I look for Sparta to have a very good season this year. Good luck to Coach Hess and all his players.

[Edited by roadhog on 11-22-02 12:55A]

I'm not sure if you are agreeing with me or disagreeing with me benchcoach. I guess I might have been vague. Let me clear things up. I think Sparta has a lot of talent. The team is very deep and I look for them to do well. I hope Hess can guide them as far as their talent will take them. I don't know enough to question his abilities, so I won't. Things get kicked off this weekend, so I'm just going to sit back and see what happens.