Question about some Head Coaches.

Does anyone know if Bill Satterfield, the famous Greenback & Sequoyah HC is still a head coach? And if so where has he coached the past 2 seasons ('14-'15)?

Same question for long time Cloudland/Hampton HC, Mike Lunsford, where if anywhere has he coached since 2014?

And last one is Tom Adkins, the coach from Jo Byrns..does anyone know if he is still at JB? Or somewhere else?

Any info would be much appreciated thanks!

Edited by WCHS_Wildcats_#2

Does anyone know if Bill Satterfield, the famous Greenback & Sequoyah HC is still a head coach? And if so where has he coached the past 2 seasons ('14-'15)?

Same question for long time Cloudland/Hampton HC, Mike Lunsford, where if anywhere has he coached since 2014?

And last one is Tom Adkins, the coach from Jo Byrns..does anyone know if he is still at JB? Or somewhere else?

Coach Adkins is the head coach at Jo Byrns

Satterfield coached Sequoyah in 2014 to a record of 3-7...he fully retired as a coach and educator after that school year...In the mean time he has been representing the 3rd District of Loudon County as a commissioner the last two years.

Lunsford coached Hampton up to last season and is now the head coach at Cloudland again,his son took over the Hampton job when he stepped down.

Lunsford coached Hampton up to last season and is now the head coach at Cloudland again,his son took over the Hampton job when he stepped down.

1st- Mike Lunsford - 195-59 All-Time 76.8%

'89-'03 @ Cloudland

'09-'14 @ Hampton* (Some W's came as 2A)

'15-Current @ Cloudland

2nd- Rick Rice - 176-113 All-Time 60.9%

'91-'92 @ Lake County

'93-'00 @ Wayne County

'01-'05 @ Perry County

'06-Current @ Wayne County

3rd- Vic Grider - 168-49 All-Time 77.4%

'97-'12 @ South Pittsburg

'15-Current @ South Pittsburg

4th- Tom Adkins - 155-98 All-Time 61.3%

'94-'Current @ Jo Byrns

Am I missing any current 1A Coaches??

Edited by WCHS_Wildcats_#2

I'm fairly certain he has the most wins for any current 1A coach (Although somr of his came with a 2A team). He has a record of 195-59.

Then Rick Rice @ Wayne County is 2nd currently, but all of his have came at the 1A level. His all time record is 176-113

And I believe Jo Byrns, Tom Adkins is 3rd currently with all of his Wins & losses coming at JB. He is 155-98 All Time.

Am I missing any current 1A coaches?

That Coach at South Pitt has been pretty successfull!

1st- Mike Lunsford - 195-59 All-Time 76.8%

'89-'03 @ Cloudland

'09-'14 @ Hampton* (Some W's came as 2A)

'15-Current @ Cloudland

2nd- Rick Rice - 176-113 All-Time 60.9%

'91-'92 @ Lake County

'93-'00 @ Wayne County

'01-'05 @ Perry County

'06-Current @ Wayne County

3rd- Vic Grider - 168-49 All-Time 77.4%

'97-'12 @ South Pittsburg

'15-Current @ South Pittsburg

4th- Tom Adkins - 155-98 All-Time 61.3%

'94-'Current @ Jo Byrns

Am I missing any current 1A Coaches??

I always wondered why Coach rice was at perry those few years? What was that about?

I always wondered why Coach rice was at perry those few years? What was that about?

Yeah it's something he wishes he could take back. I'm not Rick and can't speak for him but I have a good idea of why. I'll just say he wanted a new challenge. PC had just started a Varsity Football team 2 years prior to his arrival and he had been very successful at WC from 93-00 and wanted to try his hand with a new community/environment, etc. It just did not work out as the talent level in Linden, no offense to my PC friends but...it is rather weak. If not for Jacob Tucker PC would still be waiting on their first Playoffs Win.

Some people forget that while Rice was gone those 5 seasons the Wildcats, lead by Carey Crews (He is still our Off. Cord.) Lead us to a combined record of 41-16 & 2 10 win seasons. So we never had a drop off...since Ricks 1st yr @ WC as HC in 1993 we have only missed the playoffs 2 times (99 & 2000).

But yeah he wishes he would have stayed in Waynesboro instead of going to PC for 5 years. His overall record would look ALOT better if he had stayed and he would probably be right at 200 wins instead of the 176, respectively.