Whos looked good in camps?

RealisticFan45

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll go with South Side. Some very impressive wins over AAA powers Dickson County and Arlington, also a very close loss against Wilson Central. Also wins against Single A regulars in Dresden and Huntingdon and also beat Haywood pretty soundly at Bethel's team camp. I was concerned about losing the seniors, but with Quanardra Miller asserting herself as the team's go to player as a rising sophmore and Cheyenne Cunningham and Tamia Curry looking to go out as seniors with a trip to state, they have to be a favorite to get to Murfessboro along with the other mentioned teams.

I watched South Gibson play and thought they have a very solid team.  They have a very good coach and she'll have this team ready to compete in their district.  I really liked the way they play offense in the half court.  I think this will be a team to watch this year.

BABABA...How good is Dyer Co? I hear South Side beat them by 30. I know its still early but that says a lot for both teams

Not on the same level as their teams have been the last couple years but they will still win games. Depends on how tough other teams in their AAA-district are this year. In AA everyone will be chasing Westview, 2nd place will be wide open as no other dominant team is in that district, Obion will be last. I saw Gibson play a couple games and they look way down compared to years past, but a long time till season.

Edited by BABABA

I agree South Gibson is gonna be better than people think. When you have a player like Christen King, you have a chance to win every night. Couple that with the shooting of Scott and you have a very formidable team. What they get from the post players will be the question.

I agree South Gibson is gonna be better than people think. When you have a player like Christen King, you have a chance to win every night. Couple that with the shooting of Scott and you have a very formidable team. What they get from the post players will be the question.

Heard King has D1 offers. Is she that good?

Well she has already committed to SIU-Edwardsville, who is in the OVC with UT-Martin so that's a nice get for them. Good player, good midrange game. Sometimes I think she is a little emotional out there, but she plays hard. Will be interesting to see her get around better players