2016 D-II Class A Coaches Picks

BoardHater71

I dont think Webb winning it all is as sure a thing as you think? There are teams that can beat them on a given night.

If the bet is Webb or the field this year I would take the field. Webb should always be in the hunt with their enrollment, talent, and ability to attract D1 prospects though.

I am willing to say they will win the east region. I don't know who is out west this year.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Earlier you declared they would win the state?

They might very well do both, they are the favorites? I still think others can beat them on a given night though.

I'm backing off that because I was not aware of this west team that beat st George's. I'd have to see more before I can predict a win over them. I am comfortable saying they win the east however.

I'm backing off that because I was not aware of this west team that beat st George's. I'd have to see more before I can predict a win over them. I am comfortable saying they win the east however.

Fair enough. I think another team can beat them if they don't turn it over like they did last year. We will find out at the end of this month. Should be fun to watch.

Webb is only in this conversation because they don't play in an appropriate class.  Maryville, Alcoa, BA, Ensworth all have earned the trophies.  Webb is simply a joke.  Good luck with your last chance, next year you'll have to start competing against schools your own size.  No chance you'll get through West TN this year.

Webb is only in this conversation because they don't play in an appropriate class. Maryville, Alcoa, BA, Ensworth all have earned the trophies. Webb is simply a joke. Good luck with your last chance, next year you'll have to start competing against schools your own size. No chance you'll get through West TN this year.

Oh okay.

Your October 7th game against BGA will decide the East/Middle favorite.  BGA is really good this year and has no competition in their region so should be a number 1 seed.  Whoever wins that game will probably decide who plays against West TN for the championship.

For West TN, don't assume its St. Georges.  Lausanne and Harding are stronger this year.  They play each other Friday night.  That's probably the biggest game of the week to see who gets home field advantage in the playoffs.

I also wouldn't sleep on USJ out of the West just yet.  

They stumbled out of the gates but have dominated since then.

We'll have a better idea after this week against BGA.

They're implementing a new system and are improving every week. Coach Bradley is the real deal.

This team has more D1 type talent and depth than USJ teams of the past. 

Lol. Sounds like someone has gotten their brains beat in one too many times by those Spartans. I'm sorry that historically Webb has had a first class program and knows how to put together winning teams.

That being said Webb had 30 players on their team last year with four seniors. It's not the amount of kids in the school it's the amount of players on the football team especially when dealing with privates. I'm quite sure every team Webb played in division last year had at least the same amount.

If you really can't see that a BA or Ensworth would beat the best 6A schools in the state (even with 3x, 4x, 5x, 6x) the enrollment then you just don't understand how this works. Poor guy.

I would spend more time educating you about each ignorant statement you made but it's Labor Day and I'm not in the mood to labor.

That being said, Webb wins state this year (in the division they were placed by the TSSAA) baring injuries. Good luck to your undisclosed team. Lol I'm sorry Webb upsets a grown man so much even over Labor Day weekend.

Well said!

2015 Oakridge 62 - Webb 6. They simply can't compete against schools their own size.

Again, 62-6. That's simply pitiful. BA/Ensworth/Baylor would have at least competed. Next year will be fun to watch the scoreboard for your actual district games.

62-6.

Lol you're absolutely ridiculous. First 5A Oak Ridge is much bigger than Webb. Who is the size of a 3A school.

Let me sum up your logic really quick.

Because the worse Webb team in the past 20 years with four seniors and barley 30 players fumbles 5 times losing all of them....that suddenly means no Webb team ever was good or could play with and beat schools their size or bigger?

Did I get that right? I'll give you a chance to change your stance. The following response is only if you're really this ignorant about Webb and just football in general.

You are conviently and pathetically leaving out 99 percent of Webb football history against same size and bigger schools because you're so butt hurt that they have more championships than your nameless school. I can name 10 Webb teams in the past 10 years that would have beat last years Webb team by at least 40.

You know you're dealing with a simpleton when they conviently leave out all the big schools Webb consistently does beat historically. I would educate you but it's a long list and you're clearly not good at listening.

Look up Webb's records against big public schools not named Maryville from 2004-2014 and tell me what you find. I'll save you the time, you'll find a long undefeated streak to Knoxville big publics.

For the record BA and Baylor would have blown that Oak Ridge team out last year.

Who is your school? Maybe we can talk your school up so you feel better about yourself and your life. What's worse than bashing high school kids?....bashing them while not even telling the entire picture or even half of it.

I'll give you some life tips for the future. Find out and look up the entire truth and history of something before rambling on like a moron.

Try it for a year and see if you don't feel better about your team, your life, and most importantly yourself. I'm rooting for you buddy. It's never to late to turn it around.