2016 D-II Class A Coaches Picks

BoardHater71

Lol you're absolutely ridiculous. First 5A Oak Ridge is much bigger than Webb. Who is the size of a 3A school.

Let me sum up your logic really quick.

Because the worse Webb team in the past 20 years with four seniors and barley 30 players fumbles 5 times losing all of them....that suddenly means no Webb team ever was good or could play with and beat schools their size or bigger?

Did I get that right? I'll give you a chance to change your stance. The following response is only if you're really this ignorant about Webb and just football in general.

You are conviently and pathetically leaving out 99 percent of Webb football history against same size and bigger schools because you're so butt hurt that they have more championships than your nameless school. I can name 10 Webb teams in the past 10 years that would have beat last years Webb team by at least 40.

You know you're dealing with a simpleton when they conviently leave out all the big schools Webb consistently does beat historically. I would educate you but it's a long list and you're clearly not good at listening.

Look up Webb's records against big public schools not named Maryville from 2004-2014 and tell me what you find. I'll save you the time, you'll find a long undefeated streak to Knoxville big publics.

For the record BA and Baylor would have blown that Oak Ridge team out last year.

Who is your school? Maybe we can talk your school up so you feel better about yourself and your life. What's worse than bashing high school kids?....bashing them while not even telling the entire picture or even half of it.

I'll give you some life tips for the future. Find out and look up the entire truth and history of something before rambling on like a moron.

Try it for a year and see if you don't feel better about your team, your life, and most importantly yourself. I'm rooting for you buddy. It's never to late to turn it around.

You make it kinda easy to root against Webb. I mean, I watched film, and witnessed in person some girls basketball moments that frankly were poor sportsmanship but Webb has been a respected opponent overall.

Now that you continue to boast and blather about on these boards its caused me to reconsider my stance.

Pine made some valid points of which your rebuttal was nah nah nah boo boo??? Really?

I'm hoping for two wins in a row against you guys to send you off to your new division. :)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You make it kinda easy to root against Webb. I mean, I watched film, and witnessed in person some girls basketball moments that frankly were poor sportsmanship but Webb has been a respected opponent overall.

Now that you continue to boast and blather about on these boards its caused me to reconsider my stance.

Pine made some valid points of which your rebuttal was nah nah nah boo boo??? Really?

I'm hoping for two wins in a row against you guys to send you off to your new division. :)

Lol lol lol lol lol lol lol okay. Me defending my former schools against false and ignorants statements makes me boastful? Have I said one thing bad about any specific school Webb has played or does play?...no. If the truth is boastful and having pride in your school is offensive... then I guess we've really reached a new level of sensitive here in 2016. What next?

That's fine. I'll make sure to call Webb's athletic director and let him know that you are no longer rooting for him and his program. I'm sure he will be very upset and disappointed.

I will also contact the girls basketball team and talk to them about poor sportsmanship as well.

This is hopes that they win back your good approval. What else can I do to get you to root for Webb again? I'll do anything.

Just for kicks. Who is your school that you hope sends Webb home with losses into the new division?

Webb is only in this conversation because they don't play in an appropriate class. Maryville, Alcoa, BA, Ensworth all have earned the trophies. Webb is simply a joke. Good luck with your last chance, next year you'll have to start competing against schools your own size. No chance you'll get through West TN this year.

Ironically, Webb's enrollment dropped several % points to 449 for next year and 450 is the cut off for some sports. Lol

Obviously it's pure coincidence. ðŸ‘

Little Webb has always been scared of the DII big boys.

With good reason, based upon their (lack of positive) results the last time they were forced to play with schools similar to them.  I could care less about Webb, but I do get tired of hearing them gloat about how superior they are to the small (in some cases tiny) religiously-oriented schools that they regularly beat up on.

With good reason, based upon their (lack of positive) results the last time they were forced to play with schools similar to them. I could care less about Webb, but I do get tired of hearing them gloat about how superior they are to the small (in some cases tiny) religiously-oriented schools that they regularly beat up on.

Once again. Let's get the facts straight. The two years Webb played with the big boys they went 5-6 against them. Not great but not bad. Right in the middle of the pack. Slightly better than the Father Ryan's and PJP2 of the world. While splitting with McCallie and Baylor and being swept by Ensworth.

Many who know Webb football would argue the 2008 team was one of the least talented teams in Webb recent history outside of course last years 2015 team (which was very weak). They had a lot of young talent but couldn't quite finish games with that young inexperience backfield. Losing every game in region late in the fourth.

Webb could play in the big boy division if they were placed there. Win a state championship? Not likely. Compete? Yes. With the exception of last year.

Webb plays where they are placed just like BGA, ECS, and St Georges. Let's stop complaing and just let the kids play.

Edited by Spartan4Life

Once again. Let's get the facts straight. The two years Webb played with the big boys they went 5-6 against them.

Webb plays where they are placed just like BGA, ECS, and St Georges. Let's stop complaing and just let the kids play.

Just to set the record straight:

1.  Webb's record in Region games their last two years playing against the "big boys" was actually 4-7. Check the CoachT season records.  As soon as they dropped down, they went on a tear, winning just about every gold ball since.  Amazing coincidence that they suddenly improved the talent of their team, or a reflection that they now play against mostly small (some tiny) religious-oriented schools? 

2.  No one on this board has done or said anything which could in any way be construed as interference with "let[ing] the kids play".  

Just to set the record straight:

1. Webb's record in Region games their last two years playing against the "big boys" was actually 4-7. Check the CoachT season records. As soon as they dropped down, they went on a tear, winning just about every gold ball since. Amazing coincidence that they suddenly improved the talent of their team, or a reflection that they now play against mostly small (some tiny) religious-oriented schools?

2. No one on this board has done or said anything which could in any way be construed as interference with "let[ing] the kids play".

Actually you are wrong as well my friend. I meant to type 5-7 not 5-6. Webb was 5-7. The difference from being 500...Ensworth.

History Leason

2005: DIV-II-AA State Runner Up (3-Classes)

2006: DIV-II-AA State Champions (3-Classes)

2007: DIV-II-AA- Playoffs (4-2 Against Regional Big Boys 2 Classes)

2008: DIV-II-AA (1-5 Regional Play) With a young inexperience team losing leads in the fourth in 4 of those games.

2009 and 2010 DIV-A That same inexperienced team isn't so inexperienced and has some of the best players in the state (all classifications) Todd Kelly Jr. Aaron and Caleb Blance. They only lost one skill player in 09, a college defensive back.

Would Webb have won State that year? No but neither would anyone except for possible Maryville in East TN.

In all honesty Webb doesn't really doesn't have a division that perfectly suits them. The big privates put a lot more money and recruitment dollars into being elite national teams while some of the smaller privates put absolutely none and it shows. When it expands to 3 classes again the middle would be perfect for Webb and their philosophy on athletics.

Sugar Leonard and Muhammad Ali. Both champions but different weight classes. Is one lesser than the other? Debatable I guess.

Our set up is much akin to something in a NCAA D3 where they are perfect for where they are but would never perform well against the SEC. It is what it is. Sure put us against BA and Oak Ridge and watch us get our brains beat out. So you beat us. Good for you.

But I'm darn proud of Webb. Have sent my boys there for a long long time. Wouldn't change a thing. Go Green.

Edited by WebbSpartans

Sugar Leonard and Muhammad Ali. Both champions but different weight classes. Is one lesser than the other? Debatable I guess.

Our set up is much akin to something in a NCAA D3 where they are perfect for where they are but would never perform well against the SEC. It is what it is. Sure put us against BA and Oak Ridge and watch us get our brains beat out. So you beat us. Good for you.

But I'm darn proud of Webb. Have sent my boys there for a long long time. Wouldn't change a thing. Go Green.

Webb up until recently was more like an App State or FCS school. A very good football team that was good enough to often knock off an FBS school just not the depth to do it every single week. Thus as presently constructed could not play in the SEC every single week. Which is DIV-AA the best in the state hands down.

I definitely wouldn't say never. Webb has beat its share of 5A and 4A schools.

Edited by Spartan4Life

Webb is fine where they are. They have developed a great program with good coaches and tradition. Others in DII small school might want to follow their example if they want to excel in football. They don't have very many on the sidelines,but they are well coached, conditioned athletes.This is DII football, quit whining like a small public school.

Webb up until recently was more like an App State or FCS school. A very good football team that was good enough to often knock off an FBS school just not the depth to do it every single week. Thus as presently constructed could not play in the SEC every single week. Which is DIV-AA the best in the state hands down.

I definitely wouldn't say never. Webb has beat its share of 5A and 4A schools.

Fri Oct. 23 7:30 PM icon-game12.gif at #4 Oak Ridge     L 6-62

Not sure I've seen such a great squad 'beat' playing up against bigger squads by losing 62-6.  WOW, what a great team.

Webb is the reason there will be three classes next year.  Again, Webb will probably try to convince the TSSAA to play down because that's the 'right thing to do'.

62-6.