How does the upperman bees look this year?

Watched both DC and UHS Monday and Tuesday at Cookeville High Schools 7 on 7.

DC qb looks great! Deserves All-state nod.

So he should carry offense. Their defense is what worries me looked a little sloppy but maybe it's stuff they can get fixed before their season starts.

UHS is just the opposite. Their defense looked really good. Their offense needs a quarterback tremendously so maybe somebody will step up or the kid that they have under center now can work out some of the issues.

Smith County was there also. They too look like they could have a good team. This region will be a good one to watch!

I truly believe this region is wide open for the taking this season. I don't believe there is one team that is head and shoulders better than the rest. A lot of people will say DC has the best odds/chance at winning the region, but I personally think they'res four teams capable of winning it.

In no particular order, those four teams IMO are: DC, Smith Co, Upperman, Squatch. I don't think York is quite there yet. They are likely a year away from being able to climb up the ranks and make some real noise. They are certainly capable of playing spoiler however.

Grundy County has another rough year coming their way.There is a lot of problems on the mountain right now. Unless things have changed, they barely have enough players to field a team if they all played one way. Cannon County is still Cannon County, and they will battle it out with GC to stay out of last place. Grundy likely wins that battle.

Edited by DCTIGERFAN

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I truly believe this region is wide open for the taking this season. I don't believe there is one team that is head and shoulders better than the rest. A lot of people will say DC has the best odds/chance at winning the region, but I personally think they'res four teams capable of winning it.

In no particular order, those four teams IMO are: DC, Smith Co, Upperman, Squatch. I don't think York is quite there yet. They are likely a year away from being able to climb up the ranks and make some real noise. They are certainly capable of playing spoiler however.

Grundy County has another rough year coming their way.There is a lot of problems on the mountain right now. Unless things have changed, they barely have enough players to field a team if they all played one way. Cannon County is still Cannon County, and they will battle it out with GC to stay out of last place. Grundy likely wins that battle.

Has anyone seen York play in the 7 on 7. I don't know a lot about those things and not sure how much stock to put in them. I've heard good things around town on how they are doing but would like to hear from someone that has watched one. Anyone know when there is another one close that they are in.

Hmmm, not sure about that last part. Maybe u guys win by more than 8 this year but I think mountain boys will be improved.

Hmmm, not sure about that last part. Maybe u guys win by more than 8 this year but I think mountain boys will be improved.

I didn't say anything about the DC/GC game last season, but since you brought it up, yes, yall will probably get a thumping in Smithville this season. Yall guys may be improved, but it still won't be enough to finish any higher than 5th place in the region.

Edited by DCTIGERFAN

Has anyone seen York play in the 7 on 7. I don't know a lot about those things and not sure how much stock to put in them. I've heard good things around town on how they are doing but would like to hear from someone that has watched one. Anyone know when there is another one close that they are in.

I've heard they have looked good. I don't put too much stock into 7 on 7s myself however. York truly is a wildcard IMO. They could make the playoffs, but I think they fall just short. I'm wrong more times than I'm right though.