Region 4-4a

Your right, they did lose some good players from last year's team and I hope a team from Region 4 gets a chance to play them in the semifinals again this year. If that happens trust me I am cheering for Region 4.

Now to the part about the Big Tuna being crazy; even Alabama gets beat sometimes while winning a National Championship so I know on any given Friday night a high school team can get beat, saying that I haven't even looked at Catholic's schedule but I will buy you a hot dog and coke if Knox Catholic loses 4 games this year.

Best of luck to all the teams in Region 4 4A (WT)

Catholic returns 9 starters on offense and 7 on defense.  The Irish start the season with 5 road games in a row starting with a trip to Morristown West, CPA (@ Vanderbilt), Central, Notre Dame and Fulton.  Then the first home game is Belfry ky which has a bunch of lineman being recruited by ACC schools.  Tough early schedule.

Catholic returns 9 starters on offense and 7 on defense. The Irish start the season with 5 road games in a row starting with a trip to Morristown West, CPA (@ Vanderbilt), Central, Notre Dame and Fulton. Then the first home game is Belfry ky which has a bunch of lineman being recruited by ACC schools. Tough early schedule.

We have a jamboree with CPA this Friday. I'm interested to see how we will match up with them.

Giles has a jamboree with mcallie Friday. Does anyone know anything about them?

Catholic scrimmaged them a week ago. Played a four quarter game. When the Irish took out their starters early in the third quarter, they led by a score of 35-14. McCallie eventually came back in the 4th and won 37-35 but Catholic played their freshman team the entire 4th. Irish ran the ball effectively on McCallie. McCallie's special teams are really good. Edited by QSouth89

Thanks for the info. I had seen where Catholic had scrimmaged them. I figured they were a pretty good team. Maybe we can get some good work in against them.

They have done really good receivers and the QB has a strong arm. Running game is pretty good. They (like everyone it seems) run the spread.

We have a jamboree with CPA this Friday. I'm interested to see how we will match up with them.

I'd like to watch that one. Let us know how it goes. Conventional wisdom would favor Marshall County considering how many CPA graduated. I've a feeling that CPA will be much better than people are anticipating though. Their coach is elite and he gets 110% from every player he's got.

I think it will be close as well with special teams being the deciding factor!

We'll be vastly improved on special teams due to a new coach but we don't have nothing like you guys kicker.

Aside from that, it ought to be a great game that could go either way. My biggest concern for Fairview is that the last 3 seasons we've been spitting and sputtering through about week 3. So far in scrimmages, it's looking like it could be the case against this year. Alot of mistakes and penalties thus far.