Upperman at Cookeville Week 1

daddykriley

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For once I actually agree with every point you just made UC Man!

well its hard to lose 2 d-1 type players and not be worse on offense. I think Cookeville will be ok in the region, finish around3 rd or 4th. Oakland and Blackman are loaded. Smyrna beat down a very talented Lavernge. Siegal almost beat defending champ Ravenwood. I understand why Cookeville has to play UHS but back to back UHS and LA will come back to haunt them. They need to replace that LA game with  Lebanon, Mt Juilet, Fulton, Alcoa, Baylor or someone along those lines. No boro team would ever schedule a Mt Pleaseant and Eagleville to open the season. 

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

well its hard to lose 2 d-1 type players and not be worse on offense. I think Cookeville will be ok in the region, finish around3 rd or 4th. Oakland and Blackman are loaded. Smyrna beat down a very talented Lavernge. Siegal almost beat defending champ Ravenwood. I understand why Cookeville has to play UHS but back to back UHS and LA will come back to haunt them. They need to replace that LA game with Lebanon, Mt Juilet, Fulton, Alcoa, Baylor or someone along those lines. No boro team would ever schedule a Mt Pleaseant and Eagleville to open the season.

You know I don't like the schedule because I've been saying that for years. Lebanon is an old rival that goes way back and I wish we still had them on our schedule. I'm torn about playing UHS. Yes they are a county rival and the stands were packed. And yes CHS "should" win most years but every so often UHS will have a real talented bunch and make it a great game(like last year). As Putnam County continues to grow so will UHS so just maybe we should keep the game. Who knows what will happen. I don't know who we have lined up for next year.

You know I don't like the schedule because I've been saying that for years. Lebanon is an old rival that goes way back and I wish we still had them on our schedule. I'm torn about playing UHS. Yes they are a county rival and the stands were packed. And yes CHS "should" win most years but every so often UHS will have a real talented bunch and make it a great game(like last year). As Putnam County continues to grow so will UHS so just maybe we should keep the game. Who knows what will happen. I don't know who we have lined up for next year.

Lebanon will likely be in their region next year. The U & LA wanted to play Cookeville. I don't think they will play next year.

well its hard to lose 2 d-1 type players and not be worse on offense. I think Cookeville will be ok in the region, finish around3 rd or 4th. Oakland and Blackman are loaded. Smyrna beat down a very talented Lavernge. Siegal almost beat defending champ Ravenwood. I understand why Cookeville has to play UHS but back to back UHS and LA will come back to haunt them. They need to replace that LA game with  Lebanon, Mt Juilet, Fulton, Alcoa, Baylor or someone along those lines. No boro team would ever schedule a Mt Pleaseant and Eagleville to open the season.

You are comparing the great U with Mt. Pleasant & Eagleville? Lol I guess if Cookeville O was as good as last year...they would have had 600 yds instead of 400. They only played less than 3 quarters due to a running clock. Cookeville had a few penalties that will be cleaned up. Cookeville's region is tough enough. It doesn't hurt to have a couple of easy games to start the season. It is difficult to hold anyone to 0 total yards. The U is not that bad. Cookeville is much faster than last year on offense and defense.

You are comparing the great U with Mt. Pleasant & Eagleville? Lol I guess if Cookeville O was as good as last year...they would have had 600 yds instead of 400. They only played less than 3 quarters due to a running clock. Cookeville had a few penalties that will be cleaned up. Cookeville's region is tough enough. It doesn't hurt to have a couple of easy games to start the season. It is difficult to hold anyone to 0 total yards. The U is not that bad. Cookeville is much faster than last year on offense and defense.

I agree the U & LA much bigger and better than Mt. Pleasant and Eagleville.