Knox Catholic at Morristown West

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, but MW is a 5A school that made it to the qtr. finals of the playoffs. Beat Knox. West 47-7 then lost to Sevier Co.that went on the the 5A championship game.

Should be a barn burner!

West had the talent to make it further than they did too, and there's no reason they can't go further this year. I guess our edge in this game is depth. Catholic has athletes playing both ways while we have guys playing one side. Don't know how much difference it will make though.

West had the talent to make it further than they did too, and there's no reason they can't go further this year. I guess our edge in this game is depth. Catholic has athletes playing both ways while we have guys playing one side. Don't know how much difference it will make though.

But not as many as you think. I think 3 guys play both ways (maybe less). The Irish have been able to develop some quality depth. Won't be the factor you're hoping for. Edited by QSouth89

But not as many as you think. I think 3 guys play both ways (maybe less). The Irish have been able to develop some quality depth. Won't be the factor you're hoping for.

Oh I'm not counting on anything. Even if Catholic were playing a lot of guys both ways it might not matter. Players will make plays eventually.

Oh I'm not counting on anything. Even if Catholic were playing a lot of guys both ways it might not matter. Players will make plays eventually.

I've said from the beginning that this will be very good game for the Irish.  All 6 of their first opponents are going to be very tough games (the newspaper said that those teams were 66-15 or something like that). I use to live in Morristown and once upon a time I was an assistant basketball coach at Morristown East; my nieces and nephews attended Morristown West.  My ex-wife played basketball for Morristown West, and I played basketball at Morristown College (when it was open in the early 90's).  So I know first hand the talent and intensity you guys play with.  Our boys at Catholic know it won't be easy and are looking forward to a competitive, hard fought game.

Edited by QSouth89

I've said from the beginning that this will be very good game for the Irish. All 6 of their first opponents are going to be very tough games (the newspaper said that those teams were 66-15 or something like that). I use to live in Morristown and once upon a time I was an assistant basketball coach at Morristown East; my nieces and nephews attended Morristown West. My ex-wife played basketball for Morristown West, and I played basketball at Morristown College (when it was open in the early 90's). So I know first hand the talent and intensity you guys play with. Our boys at Catholic know it won't be easy and are looking forward to a competitive, hard fought game.

I hate they didn't do more to keep up the old Morristown College site. Now they're going to completely do away with what's left of it. And East has had a lot of athletes over the years, mostly basketball players, and I'm sure you know first hand how intense the East-West games are. The game tomorrow will come down to execution. Depth probably won't be a problem on either side. I just want to hang with Catholic this time after what happened the last 3 times West played the Irish.

I hate they didn't do more to keep up the old Morristown College site. Now they're going to completely do away with what's left of it. And East has had a lot of athletes over the years, mostly basketball players, and I'm sure you know first hand how intense the East-West games are. The game tomorrow will come down to execution. Depth probably won't be a problem on either side. I just want to hang with Catholic this time after what happened the last 3 times West played the Irish.

I was coaching when Cecil Moore played for the Hurricanes, very talented player.  West had Coach Kagel's son Alex and a whole lot of size. They were talented as well.

Edited by QSouth89

Anybody know if there will be video streaming of the games on the internet???

Not sure if Morristown West will stream it. Catholic streams at home but you can catch the game on the sports animal (99.1). Does Fulton's radio station broadcast their road games? Edited by QSouth89