Warren Co vs Dekalb Co.

Pioneersports

Talked to a few WC players at the pep rally. Very confident bunch going into tonight's game, some even bordering on cocky. Had one say they would be 3-0 going into the Riverdale game. I hope they know something the rest of us don't. Look for the big Calbert kid to play some defense tonight especially if Jennings is banged up and not as mobile. I had earlier said Dekalb wins 50-14, change that to 35-21 Dekalb.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 years, 27-7 was the final!! The sports writer in the southern standard added a little fuel for the team. They seen where the article said stop Jennings and you will win. Well Jennings didn't play the first play on defense, great team win. Proud of the way the team played!

Well, from my vantage, two things. Jennings is a fantastic player, and had a heckuva game, and wc team made far too many mistakes. Pretty sure they turned the ball over on downs 3 times, and turned it over on fumbles/interceptions 3 times. Also they had 3 scores negated because of penalty.

The best team win, but the pioneers are VERY improved.

Edited by Betwixtbetween

No doubt, WC is much improved. Twice the turnover on downs was in DC territory. You guys have a lot size and speed. Not sure what the coaches were thinking on some of the play calling...

What do you mean on that? Not being inflammatory, I truly don't get that part of football. It looked like a good balance to me, but the plays were simply not made, or your guys made great plays.. I very well could be wrong on that.