Sequoyah at Polk County

BigDave1967

You clearly dont know Coach D's Style of play. That is how he has built an exceptional football program that was a powerhouse at one point in time. That being said. I will be suprised if Polk wins this one after the way Sequoyah ran over Tellico. Is Tellico just that bad? Or is Sequoyah actually a good football team? Either way Polk is probably still at least a year away from being a good football team again and they will have to fight for everything win they get this year. However, Polk's Griswold looked very impressive last Friday and the last time Polk was good they pretty much road one really good player in Zack Miller to several district titles. Not taking anything away from the other players on those old teams, but if not for Miller they wouldnt have been near as good as they were. Griswold could be such a player from what I saw last Friday. Only time will tell.

You serious Clark? If I didn't know why would I say grind it out and you say that's how he built it ?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Davis as a coach but I've been watching the feeder programs in our area the last 4 years. Not a surprise to anyone that Polk doesn't have the athletes and I haven't seen many that look like they are going to be like those teams mentioned above. I know kids grow and develope but they just don't have those numbers like they did and their style needs depth. Great fan base. Travel well. But one game doesn't make or break you at the beginning of the year. Good luck.

Coach is a good one..I have heard they have a good group on the way

Have you ever rode down to Royston Ga. Visited the Ty Cobb museum. I'm heading that way this fall. Hope it's worth it.

I'd like to do that sometime. I miss the days 12 years ago when i would go fishing on vacation at Lake West Point in Valley Alabama. Blazing hot in the Spring and Summer but a great place to fish and hang out.