Grundy County

bwhite1965

I believe its closer to 800 students. If fighting goes on long enough, people just need to part ways. There is no threat of sports and academics going down. Its like everybody on here says, kids leave looking for better opportunities in academics and athletics. Dont be afraid to put kids first and do what is best for their academics and athletics. The current system has not been good to either. Easy to blame people, but how many years do you complain saying its the person in charges fault before you say, maybe their is a bigger problem here that needs to fixed.

I was in the locker room last Friday counting up stats for the game and I can tell you that nothing bad happened in the locker room..I cannot speak on the matter of kids skipping class because I don't know anything about it..I don't know a kid that hasn't skipped classes heck that was happening when I was in high school..and the very ones that were fighting for coach Tate to be the HC are the same ones that stabbed him in the back by taking their kids off the mountain..

These kids that are leaving---their parents supported the head coach. Are all of those gone now? It just don't seem like there is any support for the coaches. Sitting in the bleachers hearing what is allowed to go on in the dressing room, what's allowed for his students to skip class... I'm not sure what's going on?? Watertown folks, where are some good places to eat? Hoping we get back on track soon.

There are two Mexican restaurants one on the square and one on Hwy 7o both are good, we have a meat and three on the square The Depot good menu, good food and we have Nona Lisa a great little Italian place just off the square really really good.

I believe Grundy County could be a pretty decent program, but the county does seem divided to me. People need to understand where the ceiling is for some programs. The program for the Marion County game showed low upper classmen numbers. With a school the size of Grundy there has got to be a way to get more kids to play football. The ground and pound approach they are using now would seem like a good fit for Grundy, but they need time and more players coming out for the team. Just an opinion.

Just curios if GC is young and rebuilding why remove your two Sophomores from QB position and play a Senior.

Nunley got hurt in the cannon game..and he wasn't tall enough to read the defense to run the veer..that being said Grundy still has a chance to go to the playoffs with just needing two more region wins could come from upperman and smith..i think Nunley should get the reigns the last two ball games if it doesn't look like we will get in the playoffs this year..

I believe Grundy County could be a pretty decent program, but the county does seem divided to me. People need to understand where the ceiling is for some programs. The program for the Marion County game showed low upper classmen numbers. With a school the size of Grundy there has got to be a way to get more kids to play football. The ground and pound approach they are using now would seem like a good fit for Grundy, but they need time and more players coming out for the team. Just an opinion.

We started the year with 40 players now we're down to 36..I believe Grundy needs about 70 players a year dressing out to be any count..that would be 10% of the student body..40 players is the most Grundy has had in a long long time..6 are seniors 2 juniors the rest are sophomores and freshman..I honestly believe that Grundy will win 5 games next year right now it's just hard to play grown man football when ya got 15-16year olds playing 18-19 year olds like Marion county..it's usually the 3rd season under a new head coach that's starting from scratch that they finally show signs of being a good ball team..are penalty numbers are way down from last year were a lot more cohesive on both sides of the ball just really young..next year will tell us everything we need to know bout how our football program is going either we will be greatly improved or we will be just like we have been this year and last year

I can agree with you on many things here. Grundy does need to have 60-70 kids out on the team. With the ground and pound approach they might be able to wear teams with smaller numbers down as the game goes on.

I think they the games between Marion and south Pitt would be more competitive year after year..the last time I remember south Pitt and Marion being close was like 2004 or 2003 beat south Pitt lost to Marion 19-14..but I think next year we should have around 20 juniors 15 sophomores and 15 freshmen dunno bout seniors unless some just happen to show up