Mt Juliet vs Franklin Co.

BKisler

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The top special teams unit in the state gets extra points/punts/FGs blocked?

Additionally, it is interesting to me how much more TP tweets after a win against a garbage team.

You go find a high school kicker that can kick a 56 yard field goal in a game. Might take you a few weeks. But I'll agree the Twitter page gets comical when they win compared to a loss. Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

You go find a high school kicker that can kick a 56 yard field goal in a game. Might take you a few weeks. But I'll agree the Twitter page gets comical when they win compared to a loss.

I know that the kicker is one of the best in the state.

But, I was unaware that having a great kicker meant that you have the BEST special teams unit in the state.

Typical MJ fan though, exaggerating your circumstances to make you feel better about the pit of mediocrity that MJ has become since TP took over.

Sounds much like all of those things that TP puts on Twitter... Best facilities in the state, Best fanbase in the state, Best weight program in the state.

All of this equals up to your team being average at best in a below average region where everyone makes the playoffs.  

I know that the kicker is one of the best in the state.

But, I was unaware that having a great kicker meant that you have the BEST special teams unit in the state.

Typical MJ fan though, exaggerating your circumstances to make you feel better about the pit of mediocrity that MJ has become since TP took over.

Sounds much like all of those things that TP puts on Twitter... Best facilities in the state, Best fanbase in the state, Best weight program in the state.

All of this equals up to your team being average at best in a below average region where everyone makes the playoffs.  

Have you been a part of the program before to know if the special teams are that good?  Or if the weight room program is that good?  What are your thoughts...

Have you been a part of the program before to know if the special teams are that good?  Or if the weight room program is that good?  What are your thoughts...

All I know is from former players that I see workout at Graves in the mornings and afternoons and they put up a lot of weight.  Their technique sucks but they can sling the weight.  I guess that is a good thing.  There will be a lot of bad backs in MJ in the future.  I will say that I have seen some good things on special teams at MJ the past 7 years since I moved here, but it isn't anything special any other team who puts the time in can do too.  I would think that it helps to have a Wilhoit as a kicking coach though.  I'm sure it brings some good talent to the school when it comes to powerful legs.  That kid now was at Goodpasture before coming to MJ.  Probably a wise decision to have left there though once Coach Martin left.

All I know is from former players that I see workout at Graves in the mornings and afternoons and they put up a lot of weight. Their technique sucks but they can sling the weight. I guess that is a good thing. There will be a lot of bad backs in MJ in the future. I will say that I have seen some good things on special teams at MJ the past 7 years since I moved here, but it isn't anything special any other team who puts the time in can do too. I would think that it helps to have a Wilhoit as a kicking coach though. I'm sure it brings some good talent to the school when it comes to powerful legs. That kid now was at Goodpasture before coming to MJ. Probably a wise decision to have left there though once Coach Martin left.

As if you have any room to teach good form in the weight for one, and secondly we have been taught great form! Look up our kids doing powerclean, taking it all the way to the ground and up. You must have mistaken our form with Red boiling springs or some other hodunk school. Look it's great you have a sour taste in your mouth and are obsessed with MJ in a negative way. Try to speak the truth in the future, everyone around will tell you we have great form and can put up big weight.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

MJ plays different when in this game. It is my favorite game every year to go watch. Last years shocked me, because I thought WC was the more talented team. Sometimes you just mentally can't beat someone (Ex. UT v UF)

Yes and I see the same thing this year. Honestly I fell off the WC hype train when they struggled versus a poor Siegel team. We will have momentum going into that game for sure.

All I know is from former players that I see workout at Graves in the mornings and afternoons and they put up a lot of weight.  Their technique sucks but they can sling the weight.  I guess that is a good thing.  There will be a lot of bad backs in MJ in the future.  I will say that I have seen some good things on special teams at MJ the past 7 years since I moved here, but it isn't anything special any other team who puts the time in can do too.  I would think that it helps to have a Wilhoit as a kicking coach though.  I'm sure it brings some good talent to the school when it comes to powerful legs.  That kid now was at Goodpasture before coming to MJ.  Probably a wise decision to have left there though once Coach Martin left.

So your basing your ideology on what you see from former players at a local gym... From everything I have heard the strength coach is awesome and is very passionate in what he does. I know that he was offered a few jobs over the break and turned them down. This is coming from some Boro coaches though not first hand. I also heard the kids love him. I don't know if I would base my thoughts on an out of facility gym where guys are probably just trying to impress girls.