Can DB turn there program around

WERDBYouMadBro

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, They'll have to dig up the old 2002 football video because you'll never see another team at at DB to get "Hyped" about.

2002 was a good year for the tribe coming up just short of playing for the state championship! But let's remember back around this time that year, they had two losses with one of this being to little Greeneville! After that they played a fairly decent schedule that had powerhouses in Sullivan South, Karns, Campbell County, and South Doyle! Any of those would be nice to have on this years schedule. Let's also remember that not much passing back then! I don't believe DB has any future NFL players on this years team, but it is hard to compare teams from years past to this s team, because the landscape of high school football in TN changed! Maryville has been has been as dominant as a team can be over the last 15 yrs, and they are now in our conf. Offenses of all the schools are more complexed now and Riverdale is not even in the top 3 in a the Middle Tennessee area! Coaching is better all over the state now!

2002 was a good year for the tribe coming up just short of playing for the state championship! But let's remember back around this time that year, they had two losses with one of this being to little Greeneville! After that they played a fairly decent schedule that had powerhouses in Sullivan South, Karns, Campbell County, and South Doyle! Any of those would be nice to have on this years schedule. Let's also remember that not much passing back then! I don't believe DB has any future NFL players on this years team, but it is hard to compare teams from years past to this s team, because the landscape of high school football in TN changed! Maryville has been has been as dominant as a team can be over the last 15 yrs, and they are now in our conf. Offenses of all the schools are more complexed now and Riverdale is not even in the top 3 in a the Middle Tennessee area! Coaching is better all over the state now!

Maryville is the only team we should be loosing to on a regular basis. Also, in 2002 everybody had teams like Karns, Campbell Co. & South Doyle on their schedule. Same is true today. Pretty much every team has a few cupcakes. DB played and beat some very good teams in the 1st, 2nd, & 3rd rounds of the playoffs that year.

I'll post what ever I decide to post and word it however I choose. If you're to stupid to understand simple football talk then you should bounce on over to the girls softball thread.

You didn't post anything showing if you're a man, So I'm done replying to you. And plus I don't fuss with girls or women. And you bring up girls softball out of all the sports you could have said, Makes me 100% sure I know what you are. MIND over MATTER, I don't MIND what you post, Cause what you post don't MATTER to me. 

Edited by WERDBYouMadBro

For a couple of guys that can't coach or teach kids how to catch,block and execute,Jeff and those guys at Robinson must have been real lucky when these players in the 11th and 12th came up.Also.these 11th graders a couple years ago didn't have a problem beating any other 9th grade team and beat all the JV teams they played except Greeneville.So I can't say it's the players not knowing what to do or I can't say it's every coach in the system.

You are correct Batman but aren't all of these middle school and JV victories against (other than Johnson City schools) the "little" local schools that D-B doesn't want to play anymore? Not apples to apples anymore when you get to varsity play.

The thing is these smaller schools have one middle school like Greeneville and Elizabethton and so on.That's why it's much more competitive most years and you almost never see Robinson and Sevier playing each other for the championship like 3 years ago.

Yeah I have to admit I thought things would be a lot different when those kids got to their 11/12th grade years but so many of those kids as Sophomores are doing other things right now. I'm not sure how it is going to go now.