Gordonsville at Jo Byrns

croz6110

I promise I'm not sandbagging. I didn't watch the TC game but after watching the first 3 games I saw enough. We played MTCS tough for a half too. The problem is there are two halves lol. Now that you guys beat TC, JB's playoff hopes are all but gone so I don't expect much of a fight.

Moto you gotta get this straightened out up there at the Dungeon! I been wanting a playoff rematch ever since the last time WC and JB butted heads, my youngest is a sophomore this year and we running out of time! Good luck to y'all this week from down here in WC, always pulling for y'all except when y'all playing us! I got a lot of respect for yalls program whether your down or on top! Edited by wildcat89

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cedar Hill is a fun place to watch a game. Do you boys still call it The Dungeon and have the vehicles revving up as the boys come on to the field?

Hmmm ? So bassy uve been to JB huh ? Anyway the Name "dungeon" originated prolly during the really gud run of 7 yrs as well as the reving of the V'8's along the fence to the entrance,, this began in the 05 season as no JB team had ever made it deep into the playoffs or even a 10 win season all the way back to the 1980 season to which I was a sr,,, man that's been a long long time ago ! The excitement grew during the semi run of 05 and carried over for 6 more years, we got spoiled to the success and jus knowing we'd possibly have a contender the following yrs sorta set us up for the reality that in small ball you better enjoy and remember the thanksgiving practices cause many never get to have that experience ! We are thankful for our previous success and finally making the schools first championship appearance in 08 against TC, heck we were pinching ourselves to make sure we wasn't dreaming, this little small farming community come alive during those times,, but as we all know the well sorta runs a lil dry sometimes and the water we have to drink is a lil bitter,,, we do have some talented kids in the fr and soph groups that are taking their whoopings in which many are starters,,, hopefully we regain the importance of off season training in the weight room and conditioning ! Imo we've lost the physical edge due in part the lack of importance of the weight room, I believe if this trend continues and the lack of urgency toward being physical then we may be in for being bottom feeders for awhile !!! Again we have potential to have a pretty gud team nx yr and especially the yr after, but if the physical, mental, emotional and aggressive approach is not restored then this young group we have will most likely underachieve ! As you can tell I'm a fan of ole school FB where you come off the ball and bust some heads,,, 3 yds and a cloud of dust, tho the majority now days think you have to be balanced in their offence,,, I say Hogwash ! You jus have to be strong, physical, aggressive and most of all CONDITIONED to pound your way to the gold ball ! Look at UC !!!!!! Guess I've ranted enough maybe one day we can mercy rule so Pitt again like we did in 2010 ! Lol,,,,,, anyway once it's in the blood it's forever, ( them Friday night lights ) good luck to all !

Hmmm ? So bassy uve been to JB huh ? Anyway the Name "dungeon" originated prolly during the really gud run of 7 yrs as well as the reving of the V'8's along the fence to the entrance,, this began in the 05 season as no JB team had ever made it deep into the playoffs or even a 10 win season all the way back to the 1980 season to which I was a sr,,, man that's been a long long time ago ! The excitement grew during the semi run of 05 and carried over for 6 more years, we got spoiled to the success and jus knowing we'd possibly have a contender the following yrs sorta set us up for the reality that in small ball you better enjoy and remember the thanksgiving practices cause many never get to have that experience ! We are thankful for our previous success and finally making the schools first championship appearance in 08 against TC, heck we were pinching ourselves to make sure we wasn't dreaming, this little small farming community come alive during those times,, but as we all know the well sorta runs a lil dry sometimes and the water we have to drink is a lil bitter,,, we do have some talented kids in the fr and soph groups that are taking their whoopings in which many are starters,,, hopefully we regain the importance of off season training in the weight room and conditioning ! Imo we've lost the physical edge due in part the lack of importance of the weight room, I believe if this trend continues and the lack of urgency toward being physical then we may be in for being bottom feeders for awhile !!! Again we have potential to have a pretty gud team nx yr and especially the yr after, but if the physical, mental, emotional and aggressive approach is not restored then this young group we have will most likely underachieve ! As you can tell I'm a fan of ole school FB where you come off the ball and bust some heads,,, 3 yds and a cloud of dust, tho the majority now days think you have to be balanced in their offence,,, I say Hogwash ! You jus have to be strong, physical, aggressive and most of all CONDITIONED to pound your way to the gold ball ! Look at UC !!!!!! Guess I've ranted enough maybe one day we can mercy rule so Pitt again like we did in 2010 ! Lol,,,,,, anyway once it's in the blood it's forever, ( them Friday night lights ) good luck to all !

Good post jb81!

Moto you gotta get this straightened out up there at the Dungeon! I been wanting a playoff rematch ever since the last time WC and JB butted heads, my youngest is a sophomore this year and we running out of time! Good luck to y'all this week from down here in WC, always pulling for y'all except when y'all playing us! I got a lot of respect for yalls program whether your down or on top!

I'm not the man to get it straightened out, Coach Adkins is.  He's way more qualified than me lol.  I've got all the confidence in the world in him.  You gotta have the horses and we don't have them.  But like I said, our sophomore and freshmen class has potential so there's a good chance your youngest will meet up with JB before he graduates.

I'm not the man to get it straightened out, Coach Adkins is. He's way more qualified than me lol. I've got all the confidence in the world in him. You gotta have the horses and we don't have them. But like I said, our sophomore and freshmen class has potential so there's a good chance your youngest will meet up with JB before he graduates.

we've got some good looking colts but imo not training em properly to become horses ! Jus my 2 cents worth

You know it all starts and ends with the big guys up front.  Our guys sure could use an o-line coach.  I think that's been a big problem lately.  I'm like you, 3 yards and a cloud of dust is what football is all about.  It's man on man and may the better man win.  It's not pretty to a lot of people but once you wear your opponent down it's awesome.  There's nothing like breaking a team/guy down.  You can see it in their faces, you can just feel it.  You know you've got em and it's over.  It's also fun playing a team you know isn't going to break and you've got to bring it every play.  And the beauty of playing this way is that you don't always have to be the more talented team.  It's about who wants it more.  Coach Adkins at his core is an I-formation guy.  If he knows his team can beat you running the ball, that's what he's going to do.  We just can't do that right now with our line.  

The other big problem for us is on the opposite side of the ball, the defense is bad.  Not much physicality on that side of the ball either.  Too many arm tackles.  Little to no penetration up front.  The list goes on and on.

You know it all starts and ends with the big guys up front. Our guys sure could use an o-line coach. I think that's been a big problem lately. I'm like you, 3 yards and a cloud of dust is what football is all about. It's man on man and may the better man win. It's not pretty to a lot of people but once you wear your opponent down it's awesome. There's nothing like breaking a team/guy down. You can see it in their faces, you can just feel it. You know you've got em and it's over. It's also fun playing a team you know isn't going to break and you've got to bring it every play. And the beauty of playing this way is that you don't always have to be the more talented team. It's about who wants it more. Coach Adkins at his core is an I-formation guy. If he knows his team can beat you running the ball, that's what he's going to do. We just can't do that right now with our line.

The other big problem for us is on the opposite side of the ball, the defense is bad. Not much physicality on that side of the ball either. Too many arm tackles. Little to no penetration up front. The list goes on and on.

Gud post Moto ðŸ‘

I think the lack of penetration from the defensive side of the ball is a byproduct of pass blocking on the O side of the ball which has created a less aggressive approach in run blocking,,, play after play I have watched our O line and we're not coming off the ball to drive the opponent out of the designed running lane ! It's all about jus turning em away from the lane,,, we're standing primarily most of the night along our fronts and getting ate up ! I'm like Lou Holtz once said,, if you are out sized and under maned then u have to be the aggressor and attack ! Hopefully this talented young group will live up to their potential in the nx cpl years, but again ! Until an aggressive style of play returns we may be at the bottom once again,,, fingers crossed !

I say G'ville by 4 or 5 TD's

Looks like the game between us and JB will be a huge one like last year!!! Instead of battling for playoff we be battling not to end on bottom lol Moto i think your guys are like ours!!! One half we play like a great team and the next it blows up! Good luck bud!  Post the scores on the T app so i can keep up! I cant log into the message board!

Looks like the game between us and JB will be a huge one like last year!!! Instead of battling for playoff we be battling not to end on bottom lol Moto i think your guys are like ours!!! One half we play like a great team and the next it blows up! Good luck bud!  Post the scores on the T app so i can keep up! I cant log into the message board!

I post the scores on the Ballfrog app if you have that.