MaxPrep National Player of the Year

WillieTheWildcat

Just saw on my Twitter page that MaxPrep is following players for National Player of the Year. One of the ten players mentioned was Oak Ridge's Tee Higgins. Tee and his teammates are having a great season so far and Tee would not be in contention if not for the other Wildcats.

Good luck Oak Ridge, practice, play, improve, practice, play, improve EVERY WEEK.

RWR!

I have never liked individual trophies for team sports. In football you win as a team and/or you lose as a team. And before you say it, yes I know that I am the only one on the T that looks at it this way, so go ahead and have a Blazer roast.....

No sir, you're not the only one that looks at it that way. We tend to get it shoved down our throats every Friday. Everyone thinks Copeland tackles, blocks, throws his own footballs up and catches them for TD and runs every down. If it wasn't for this TEAM, I'm sure Copeland wouldn't be what he is today. 21 other players plays just as hard as the 1 trophy winner and doesn't get the credit for it.

No sir, you're not the only one that looks at it that way. We tend to get it shoved down our throats every Friday. Everyone thinks Copeland tackles, blocks, throws his own footballs up and catches them for TD and runs every down. If it wasn't for this TEAM, I'm sure Copeland wouldn't be what he is today. 21 other players plays just as hard as the 1 trophy winner and doesn't get the credit for it.

Well thanks bro....    I saw Copeland a few weeks ago at Science Hill and he is an incredible player, but everything else you said is also true.     I saw Tee Higgins last year too and again just a man among boys.       Both these guys are outstanding and neither has asked to be in the position they are, and as I understand it both guys are very humble about their awards.    So I am in no way throwing off on great individual players.

But as we both agree, you live as a team and die as a team.

Oh wait, maybe I was wrong....

123380_d.jpg

Just saw on my Twitter page that MaxPrep is following players for National Player of the Year. One of the ten players mentioned was Oak Ridge's Tee Higgins. Tee and his teammates are having a great season so far and Tee would not be in contention if not for the other Wildcats.

Good luck Oak Ridge, practice, play, improve, practice, play, improve EVERY WEEK.

RWR!

This is my original post in this tread and I clearly gave credit to all the Wildcat players so  I too recognize football is a team sport. By the way, if you saw Tee last year you must see him now. He worked his tail off during the off season to get so much better. The guy is just a humble hard working dude.

RWR!

SOUND LIKE A HATER TO ME WILLECAT. OF COURSE ITS A TEAM EFFORT BUT THER IS ALWAYS A PLAYER THAT STANDS OUT LIKE A SORE THUMB. I TELL YOU WHAT WILDCAT WILLIE LETS SEE HOW MANY GAMES YOUR TEAM WILL WIN WITHOUT THAT STUD.TEE CAUGHT 1PASS ON MY OWLS LAST SEASON AND HE JUMPED SO HIGH IT TOOK ALL MY DEFENSIVE STUDS TO BRING HIM DOWN.WE WERE PREPARED TO BOTTLE HIM UP ALL NIGHT BEFORE HE GOT INJURED BY HIS OWN TEAMATE.AND YOU SAW WHAT WE DID TO THAT OTHER STUD RB NO MATCH FOR THAT DEFENSE THAT YOU WON'T FACE THIS SEASON. THE WILDCATS ARE A BETTER TEAM THIS SEASON IMO THE QB PLAY IS BETTER AND OLINE CAN LET HIM GET IT TO TEE BETTER AND THE RB MAKES BETTER DECISIONS. YOUR DEFENSE IS SUSPECT THEY RELAX IN THE 3RD QTR AND GIVE CUPCAKES A CHANCE TO SCORE YOU BETTER FIX THAT BEFORE PLAYOFFS. BOTTOM LINE NO TEE NO OAKRIDGE WINS.

#LOP

I have never liked individual trophies for team sports. In football you win as a team and/or you lose as a team. And before you say it, yes I know that I am the only one on the T that looks at it this way, so go ahead and have a Blazer roast.....

I disagree for the simple fact that sometimes the team flat out sucks.

Each year there are some very good players on some horrendously bad teams who might otherwise go unnoticed on the recruiting trail if not for individual awards and recognitions like all-region and all-state superlatives.