york@kingston

Jacketsfan2001

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have lots of issues. Blocking. Tackling. Secondary.etc. playcalling is ridiculous. It seems like we only run the same 5 plays all game..and we don't have the the dual threat at qb that we had last couple of years.we just need to get some things figured out.and re evaluate the complete assistant coaching staff..

Should be a good game cause York's play calling is terrible. The spread offense is a joke and obviously don't work but nothing ever changes. Very talented team but the coach hasn't a clue how to use his talent. The starting QB goes out and he has no one prepared to step up. Good luck to the players of York but the coach has issues.

Edited by Crangefan

Crangefan has it right...York is loaded with talent, but also lost their QB who usually runs for over 100 yards a game and throws for a lot too. As for the coach...York was tied with DeKalb County at 21 all after leading by 2 touchdowns in the 4th quarter. York had 4th and 2 at their own 22 with about a minute to go. Instead of punting and trusting his team to hold DeKalb and then go for the win on OT, he went for it and didn't get it. DeKalb Co. scored on their 3rd play. Giving them the ball at the 22 was dumb! Then 3rd and three usually means a pass, instead of running for the 3 when they have strong backs!

Crangefan has it right...York is loaded with talent, but also lost their QB who usually runs for over 100 yards a game and throws for a lot too. As for the coach...York was tied with DeKalb County at 21 all after leading by 2 touchdowns in the 4th quarter. York had 4th and 2 at their own 22 with about a minute to go. Instead of punting and trusting his team to hold DeKalb and then go for the win on OT, he went for it and didn't get it. DeKalb Co. scored on their 3rd play. Giving them the ball at the 22 was dumb! Then 3rd and three usually means a pass, instead of running for the 3 when they have strong backs!

Amen, love these kids, but this coach and staff have to go. We should be competing for the district

We have lots of issues. Blocking. Tackling. Secondary.etc. playcalling is ridiculous. It seems like we only run the same 5 plays all game..and we don't have the the dual threat at qb that we had last couple of years.we just need to get some things figured out.and re evaluate the complete assistant coaching staff..

I know the broadcasters from 104.3 were upset! They didn't care to tell what they thought at all! If it had been live on another station I would've turned it. :mellow: They were even talking about the Jackets fans not cheering - being silent saying it was like they were at a tennis match. 

I hope the problems get sorted out. I remember a time when Kingston was a team to look out for every year.

Good info. I predicted my score completely on the Cumberland Co vs Dekalb(43-28) game and York's game with them being close with Kingston beating CC 40-7. IDK anything about the teams York plays, they did play Scott in years past and I think Scott scrimmages them in the fall a lot. Losing an athlete like that will make a big impact especially a QB.

I'll take Kingston ftw still.

The game is @Kingston thank god.last year we played in a mud bowl up there...and I honestly think there's no way coach pankey gets fired..he's a kingston alum..dedicated years to a good middle school program. I do think changes need to happen on the staff.this is not kingston football.the kids love the head coach but we need to re tool alot of things..every position needs to be evaluated.especially line play..

The game is @Kingston thank god.last year we played in a mud bowl up there...and I honestly think there's no way coach pankey gets fired..he's a kingston alum..dedicated years to a good middle school program. I do think changes need to happen on the staff.this is not kingston football.the kids love the head coach but we need to re tool alot of things..every position needs to be evaluated.especially line play..

Yeah that's what I was thinking but just wanted to hear it from someone with a little more knowledge lol . Should be a good game tonight though keep us updated throughout!!