White Station @ Cordova - Week 8

kwc

Big, big Region 4, 6A game at Cordova. This is for seeding. White Station's season could take a turn for the better with a win. Cordova wants to remain undefeated with a possible season ending, bar room brawl type of a game with Whitehaven at the end of the season on the line.  White Station is 3-1 in region play. Cordova is 4-0. This game is HUGE!

How do you see this game working out?

Edited by kwc

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is huge and will come down to which defense can impose their will on the other. White station is a run first team which is cordovas strength on defense. White stations defense has kept them in games all year. Cordovas offense is almost 50/50 pass and run. If white station can make them one dimensional then it will be a game if not Cordova will win easier than the records indicate. But no doubt this game is huge for seeding in our division and who wouldn't want to see a battle of unbeaten week ten but white station ended cordovas undefeated season last year so no looking ahead for the wolves this year

I almost wanna go see this game over us playing Bartlett. Almost...

I haven't seen Cordova yet this year but this game will tell a lot. After last weeks nail biter against us, I'm taking WS by 7. If Cordova wins, the stage will be set for the grand showdown for the #1 seed to close the season out...

Edited by Havengrad04

I almost wanna go see this game over us playing Bartlett. Almost...

I haven't seen Cordova yet this year but this game will tell a lot. After last weeks nail biter against us, I'm taking WS by 7. If Cordova wins, the stage will be set for the grand showdown for the #1 seed to close the season out...

I'm with you on this one Havengrad04 ... I'm almost tempted to to this game, but I won't. You better believe I will be checking the CoachT scoreboard on Friday. I know that John Varlas' twitter page will post the score during the game because I'm pretty sure he will be at this game. I'm almost tempted to sign up for twitter, just for that purpose.

This game is huge and will come down to which defense can impose their will on the other. White station is a run first team which is cordovas strength on defense. White stations defense has kept them in games all year. Cordovas offense is almost 50/50 pass and run. If white station can make them one dimensional then it will be a game if not Cordova will win easier than the records indicate. But no doubt this game is huge for seeding in our division and who wouldn't want to see a battle of unbeaten week ten but white station ended cordovas undefeated season last year so no looking ahead for the wolves this year

Well, Whitehaven has played both Arlington and White Station, and the latter of the two was a harder opponent to deal with based upon style of play. When Cordova played Arlington the stats of that game, indicated that Arlington had better success passing the ball against Cordova's defense then running the ball against it. However, Arlington is a passing team, that can run the ball. White Station is a running team that can pass the ball. White Station just played against a team that is run heavy in Whitehaven. They have also played another team that is run heavy, and that is CBHS. Both were losses. None of those teams are 50/50 like Cordova. 

GAME OF THE WEEK... I think White Station can keep it close early but I expect Cordova to make the necessary adjustments at halftime to win comfortably.

Agreed ... game of the week. I wonder if FM-88.5 will declare this the game of the week and broadcast it this Friday. I enjoy listening to Paul Kabolla and the other guy, who's name escapes me. They do a good job. 

Whitestation coaching staff, principal, Lyons family and the entire program.....no weapon, no weapon, no weapon......God has this team and there is nothing you can do to us here at Cordova.  God Bless you all and once again no weapon.....and this battle is not your's it's the lord.....Amen.....

From watching White Station last week if I was on the staff at Cordova I would test that two way playing qb. He was playing a lot of safety against us. I would run plenty of fly and post routes at him as well as try to get a blocker on him every run play. Allow him no breaks on Defense so he's ineffective offensively.

He intercepted that pass we threw into the endzone. It was the first of two picks that Lesley threw that night. He played safety well. He's big and fast and he can take a hit, as well as, deliver a hit, as he showed when he planted a big hit on MJ on the sideline. I was pleased to see MJ hold onto the catch because that was a big hit he took. I will go so far as to say that I think he's the best at that position that I have seen play all year, so far. If I'm picking an all Region 4 6A team, he's on it and I'm playing him at Safety.