Nashville Christian ....

fredjones

Lets talk about truth for a minute. A few people here have spoken about a "Brentwood Academy pipeline", others have spoken about how Coach Brothers shows no respect for other teams, etc. Who has come forth with an example to substantiate such a claim?  There is not a player on the NCS team who ever played one snap of HS football at BA. When, where and how did the coach disrespect anyone? Some of you are like the people who buy in to a social media meme created by a man who lives in his mother's basement about a political candidate he doesnt like. You read what someone who doesnt know a thing about NCS says and then you repeat it.

Here is a bit of truth for you to think about: NCS has lost several fantastic players after they were enrolled. A few because of grades and/or behavioral issues. One of them is currently playing college football. One of them is a D1 recruit playing for a public school.  Another is a 6-3 285 lb lineman playing for a public school ranked very high in the state.  These are just a few.  That doesnt take into account the ones who got away because of financial reasons. Not everyone makes it at NCS, and you could put together a heck of a team from the ones that dont.  While I am speaking of behavioral issues, Im sure someone wants to bring up the locker room incident. One of the players previously mentioned was involved and is now gone from NCS. There are good kids and kids who make mistakes at every school. All that can be done, and really all that can be judged is how the school officials handle these matters.   

Edited by carguy59

Guest hevyrevy1611

Well, at the risk of gaining more "haters", after reading all this thread & similar-subject threads I gotta chine in & say: Ken & Carguy are spot on. Truth right there y'all. Due to various life events, my kids had the experience of homeschooling, pvt Christian schools & public (one of sons played on Dresden's 1st silver ball team), so I see all sides of these arguments, and truth is truth no matter who it riles up or how hard one tries to argue against it. And imho Ken & Carguy speaks truth. For instance: I saw a 16 person team get slaughtered by a 35 player squad in reg season. Then in playoffs 3 wks later that smaller team annihilated that bigger squad. Owned them. Look what Trenton did to both UC & Dresden last year. It wasn't a fluke. The motivation & mind-set brought to a game is just as important (if not moreso) than skills & talents. Put both together, with right coaches melding it all together the way it needs to be, then you'll have an unstoppable force of trained champion-hearted warriors that can either be emulated, or caste stones at. Do the same, or derisively dismiss their success. Btw, I believe if it happens Dresden & NCS meet this year, methinks the public will outplay the pvt this year, which will nullify a perceived unfair advantage. The ingredients & process to have a champion-calibre team has been clearly (& I think accurately) shared. I agree with it. Want the same results? Gotta pay the same price they've laid out. Get mad if you want, deny whatever, produce stats & seeming logical explanations to justify not reaching the higher rungs of the ladder of success in sports... but the truth shared above by these two (and others) remains & stands firm. Deal with it. ... Rambling rant over.

Edited by hevyrevy1611

I'm glad to see NCS go D2 where they will be on a level playing field.  NCS has recruited players over the past several years so they should play with teams that do the same.  I've seen most NCS teams over the past 25 years both as a player and fan and these teams are different.  That's not to say they don't work hard or that they don't have "homegrown" players as well.  I'd even go as far as to say most of their team wasn't recruited.  However, at the 1A level a few players can make a huge difference.  This is what NCS has done, brought in some good players to go along with the guys they already had.  

Good riddance...

I'm glad to see NCS go D2 where they will be on a level playing field. NCS has recruited players over the past several years so they should play with teams that do the same. I've seen most NCS teams over the past 25 years both as a player and fan and these teams are different. That's not to say they don't work hard or that they don't have "homegrown" players as well. I'd even go as far as to say most of their team wasn't recruited. However, at the 1A level a few players can make a huge difference. This is what NCS has done, brought in some good players to go along with the guys they already had.

Good riddance...

Amen! These same whiners will be on here next year after NCS is in D-II complaining about the same crap after they find a new boogeyman. They'll probably target the open enrollment schools next. They can't and won't admit it comes down to coaching, hard work, and dedication.

Coach Brothers and his staff work tireously. The players bust their butts in the weight room and classroom. It is a total partnership between the coaches and players.

I don't post much anymore unless someone gets out of line but several years ago I was quite vocal concerning how NCS was going to rise due to the excellent leadership of Coach Brothers and his amazing staff. I'm trying to remember some of the words the nay-sayers and whiners used....insane, crazy, NCS has no chance, no tradition....bring em on was the chant.

My, my, my. Now look at the Rogue's Gallery of incessant cry-babies from Trousdale, and their assorted ilk.

The only school whose posters don't whine is Wayne County because they have a great coach and players that work hard. WC is a class act. They will take on anybody, anytime, anywhere. No excuses, no whining, just smash you in the mouth. They hit NCS harder than anyone by far. NCS fans were sweating it. We knock them down, they get right back up, hit harder, and score. And if it weren't for a few turnovers against NCS, they would have been the team holding the Gold Ball last year.

So whiners, it's not going to matter how you change the rules, the classifications, etc. You want to make a difference? Get involved. Support your program financially. Send your coach to some training sessions. Have them watch some U-Tube videos..... :roflol:

Throw away your crying towels and man up. I've seen less drama from a pack of beauty pageant moms. Gees.....

"You think I'm kidding but I'm not" - (This sentence is a licensed trademark of Roy Dillard Inc., all rights reserved)

For you Trousdale co has a tradition of winning those gold balls look us up until you'll put more than 10 state championships and put coaches into hall of fame you'll not on trousdale co lvl and never will be we don't get to hand pick our team and there is a reason why trousdale had to play teams that were 6A beat the 3A state championship team in same year and have to play teams out of different states bec we play anybody no matter the size of the team and we don't get to hand pick our team you'll just caught us doing a down year and while we were full of freshmen and sophomores now that we are getting back to trousdale co lvl you'll are leaving our tradition speakers for itself we been a power since 1990 and still will be a power while Webb is putting 50 on you'll next year we will be putting more gold balls in out trophy case

Playerscoach you might best be served on this board by posting only to the clinton/trump thread.

I stay away from discussing politics. :) This has been a good thread though. Been pretty civil as well.

I believe you guys can see why these folks question how your school, with its history, got to this point. Theres no doubt hard work and coaching had alot to do with it but that happens at most schools.

My two youngest may get to play at your place so it will bring back old memories. Always thought your football surface was top notch.

Good luck!