Bledsoe vs. Meigs

warrior4ever

I just keep laughing about the way people that have NOTHING to do with Bledsoe County or our kids keep saying we just don't have any players, and can't compete with other area schools. I wish Dunlap would have thought that instead of getting a new coach and turning their program around. Look where they were just 3 years ago. It's not been long ago that Marion was losing and what did they do? Does anyone remember what Rhea county's record was the last year of their last coach and who was his Offensive coordinator? What about Meigs? The numbers just don't lie. I'm not saying that coaching is everything because we all know they have to have community support and a strong administration to support them as well, but if you look at the programs in our area that are winning and doing very well and look at these same programs just a few years ago, you can easily see that they all have one thing in common. Having said that, I will again say I am hoping for a win this week and really would like to see these seniors go out on a positive note. These boys have not had a single winning high school season so I sure would like to see them win this last one.

Dude you are really embarrassing us. These kids didn't win much even when they were in middle school. And if you are talking about success at little blue were the coaches try and keep them through 7th grade don't mean much when they get older and bigger. Be real. Coach has done as well as he could. He won't be going.

• Upvote 1

Dude you are really embarrassing us. These kids didn't win much even when they were in middle school. And if you are talking about success at little blue were the coaches try and keep them through 7th grade don't mean much when they get older and bigger. Be real. Coach has done as well as he could. He won't be going.

Finally someone that has some sense.

I am done with this thread with one last thing. I am thankful that we now have a school board with enough people on it that have committed to do what needs to be done for the kids in our county instead of just keeping sitting around and letting our kids lose at everything. I will be in the stands Friday night as always cheering for our boys and there is no one in Bledsoe County that wants to watch our seniors win their last game more than I do. But, if people don't get the job done, there will be consequences and again I'm proud of the board for the commitment they have made.

Warrior4ever, while I agree with you that we should be thankful that we now have a school board committed to making changes and that our football team is not competitive and something should be done to correct it, I think you are missing the MUCH BIGGER picture. Let's go back just a few years and think where Bledsoe County was in their athletic program. Just a few years ago we won the district in Football, Boys Basketball, Softball, Baseball and the Girls basketball team advanced past the district tournament. What has happened and what changed? We have a new administration than we did back then and every aspect of our system has declined. People talk about not having talent to compete with area schools, but what would our football team look like if we didn't have kids that went through Little Blue starting at Rhea, Sequatchie, and Meigs and were still playing here. It's not just football either. We have lost good teachers, administrators, basketball players, baseball players, softball players, and good students. This did not happen under the previous administration. I don't mean to sound negative but before people just say "fire the coach" they need to look at the overall problem and start asking why we are losing these kids and what can be done to change it.

Warrior4ever, while I agree with you that we should be thankful that we now have a school board committed to making changes and that our football team is not competitive and something should be done to correct it, I think you are missing the MUCH BIGGER picture. Let's go back just a few years and think where Bledsoe County was in their athletic program. Just a few years ago we won the district in Football, Boys Basketball, Softball, Baseball and the Girls basketball team advanced past the district tournament. What has happened and what changed? We have a new administration than we did back then and every aspect of our system has declined. People talk about not having talent to compete with area schools, but what would our football team look like if we didn't have kids that went through Little Blue starting at Rhea, Sequatchie, and Meigs and were still playing here. It's not just football either. We have lost good teachers, administrators, basketball players, baseball players, softball players, and good students. This did not happen under the previous administration. I don't mean to sound negative but before people just say "fire the coach" they need to look at the overall problem and start asking why we are losing these kids and what can be done to change it.

Everyone loses players. through the years Marion has lost players to Baylor, east ridge, sp, boyd. Two of the all time leading rushers in chatt are from jasper. Attrition happens, just have to overcome it.