1 A Mr Football Nominee

ranger519

Roberts official stats from Greenback are as follows:

114 carries 1,554 rushing yards 13.6 yards per carry 28 rushing TD's.

10 catches 256 yards 25.6 yards per catch 4 receiving TD'S

1,916 all purpose yards

Currently tied for state scoring leader with 32 touchdowns in all classes.

Currently 7th All Time TN State History for most TD'S in a career with 88

Currently 10th All Time TN State History for most points scored in a career with 536

I'm not being smart because those are impressive stats, but does that state leaderboard your talking about only have non-QBs?

P. Rice has 41 total TDs (31 passing, 9 rushing, and 1 receiving) this season and 129 total TDs on his career. I assume a few other QBs in all classifications of the state have posted similar numbers.

QB'S have their own passing records and passing touchdowns records in the the TSSAA record books because they are throwing the ball to a receiver. Just like receivers have a record for receiving yards. So there are a lot of different catagories. Good question though!

Cool. Thanks

I looked up touchdown passes in a season and the person in 10th place in the TSSAA record book had 37 in a season to give you an idea.

Yeah I looked it up too just to see. It looks like Rice's 87 career touchdown passes currently ranks 5th all-time in state history (tied for 5th with his brother actually who isn't on the list), and his 128 passing+rushing total TDs is currently tied for 2nd all-time - - and that total record of 134 TDs is very much within reach. Rice is even more historically impressive than even I thought.

Edited by 1RT

Preston Rice wins this year.

Dresser Winn runner up.

I know there are some great RB's out there (Roberts- GB, Taylor- HUN, Moore- F'ville, etc.), but Rice's numbers (in limited playing time) are staggering. He played big in his tuffest game of the season (so far) against Huntingdon. No offense to the RB's, but the QB's touch the ball every single play & are constantly making split second decisions. A semi-final game in the west featuring Rice & Winn (WC vs. Dresden) would be something special to watch, should both teams advance that far as expected.

Roberts is a good back, but his attitude hurts him. I talked to a friend in the coaching profession that said his attitude has turned some schools off of him.

That doesn't surprise me that you said that.  From a bunch of your previous posts.  You haven't ever heard that crap from anybody and there hasn't ever been any school turned off from him.  He does whatever it takes to see his team win and thanks his teammates for any and all of his success.   I guess Army wants him because of his bad attitude.   Just like people say on here all the time don't get on here to down a kid.  I have thought it many times before but, will tell you now Expert you are a piece of work.