1 A Mr Football Nominee

ranger519

IFS AND BUTS...Look at the numbers...they dont lie!

Stats are very decieving. If a player plays on a team with many other good players, he is not as likely to be recognized. Winn and Rice get all the recognition at QB on their teams. Three great TBs on a team are going to cancel each other's yds out in a season. The best don't always have the numbers.  If stats were the true indicator, Emmit Smith would be the greatest TB of all time in the NFL. I'd say he is far from it.

Stats are very decieving. If a player plays on a team with many other good players, he is not as likely to be recognized. Winn and Rice get all the recognition at QB on their teams. Three great TBs on a team are going to cancel each other's yds out in a season. The best don't always have the numbers.  If stats were the true indicator, Emmit Smith would be the greatest TB of all time in the NFL. I'd say he is far from it.

I agree. High school football stats are very deceiving. #35 or #12 for NCS last year could have each had 2,500 rushing if they had the same opportunity as a great player on a mediocre team. But yet NCS had just enough other decent players, they were able to keep #35 and #12 touches to a minimum and keep them healthy during the season. They had a bigger goal in mind. 

But I do not want to take away anything from any of these kids with great stats. I am sure all are well deserved of the nominations. It is a great honor and experience no matter your stats. 

I agree. High school football stats are very deceiving. #35 or #12 for NCS last year could have each had 2,500 rushing if they had the same opportunity as a great player on a mediocre team. But yet NCS had just enough other decent players, they were able to keep #35 and #12 touches to a minimum and keep them healthy during the season. They had a bigger goal in mind. 

But I do not want to take away anything from any of these kids with great stats. I am sure all are well deserved of the nominations. It is a great honor and experience no matter your stats. 

No doubt! Rice and Winn are incredibly talented and I have no problem seeing one of them take the honor.  

Obviously being a Dresden fan I would love to see Dresser win the award again but any of these kids are deserving. Just like I also believed Rice was deserving of it last year also. Really wish this award was given after the season so playoffs could be included. Good luck to all.

They're all deserving of a semifinalist spot, but Winn beat everybody in practically every category with less attempts last year. It wasn't even a debate last year. They probably won't give it to Winn just to let the other kids have a shot. They're know for that. He also only played 8 regular season games. Those two games were against the weakest teams on Dresden's schedule. They would've been heydays. The millenial generation doesn't need to confuse the word "deserve" anymore than they already do, lol. Let's just have a look at Jalen Hurd.

Dresden has blown out every team they have played pretty much. Therefore, Winn has not played the 4th quarter of most games and sometimes doesn't play in the 3rd quarter. Can Rice say the same? Stats don't factor in every aspect of the game. If he is playing all four quarters of every game, then of course he will have higher stats than the one that doesn't play the 2nd half most games.

However, Yates at Dresden is probably the best running back by far in 1A or 2A. He hasn't been stopped this year by any team. Defensively, he is just as good. The Dresden team in loaded both offensively and defensively, so it will take a lot to knock them off this year.