MCMINN CO @ FARRAGUT

bradley99

Yeah, we knew going in that they were going to try to control the clock and keep the ball. We just couldn't stop it. They would get 3,4,5 yards a play and they were perfectly happy with that all the way down the field. The key to controlling their offense in my opinion is to win first down. If they are in 2nd and 9, 10 or more, they don't really have the style of offense to recover from that. If they get a holding and get behind the chains, its hard for them to recover. Your corners get in a bind because you need them on the edge to come up quickly and stop the run, then they pull it and throw it over your head. The tough thing about it is they are very efficient on offense, it's really hard to get a good look during the week from your scout team. All that said, Go Ads, (can't believe I just said that)

DO DA GUTTS RUN THE CHICKENWINGT TOO??

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, we knew going in that they were going to try to control the clock and keep the ball.  We just couldn't stop it.  They would get 3,4,5 yards a play and they were perfectly happy with that all the way down the field.  The key to controlling their offense in my opinion is to win first down.  If they are in 2nd and 9, 10 or more, they don't really have the style of offense to recover from that.  If they get a holding and get behind the chains, its hard for them to recover.  Your corners get in a bind because you need them on the edge to come up quickly and stop the run, then they pull it and throw it over your head.   The tough thing about it is they are very efficient on offense, it's really hard to get a good look during the week from your scout team.  All that said, Go Ads, (can't believe I just said that)

Certainly going to be a tough test for the Ads Friday. I hope they can pull it out. I won't be able to be there due to travel for work so I will be watching from the website. Good luck to the Wildcats as well.