DII-A

WildcatNation33

It's always Knoxville Webb & FRA. I think the team from Miss. is the team to beat in the West.

Ezell will test both Webb and FRA. CPA transfer to Ezell should be district POY candidate.

Webb without Sheats is not as dominate. FCS could challenge them with their new coach and whole team returning. DCA was #2 in the region last year but lost two All district players (one would have been All region/state type player this year) and the backup PG.

Top 5 middle/East will be Ezell, Webb, FRA, FCS and Davidson. Honestly think on a given night they can all lose to each other.

Would say Webb but I am not sure what all they have this year. I would have thought DCA would be up there, I had heard hey were very young last year. As BullShark stated I am. It sure anyone can give Northpoint a threat this year if they stay healthy.

DCA lost 4 of their 6 freshmen off of last years team. They have no Sr's, 3 Jrs, 2 sophomores and 6 or more freshman. Two of those sophomores who left started as 8th graders and were all district/region type players.

• 4 weeks later...

Having seen DA, FCS, BGA, and FRA I believe FRA is the clear favorite. Especially since Ezell appears to not have the transfer playing at this point. FRA with Casey is the East/Middle favorite to make it to the final four and her as one of the Miss Basketball finalists.

FCS and DA both have first year coaches so there is probably a litte transition period for each.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Northpoint Christian will be tough to beat this year.  They have several "next level" players on the team and have state tournament experience.  Don't be shocked if the team from Mississippi wins the Tennessee state tourney in 2017!

Good Call.  http://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/high-school/2017/03/04/northpoint-girls-win-second-straight/98746762/