Halls at Morristown West (2nd round)

Hey guys I've never posted on here but this topic made me feel obligated to post. I am a Halls alum and Halls fan and I thought West was the slightly better team. Your defense is very solid and the secondary guys had some great open field tackles last night. The refs did make some bad calls and the facemask at the end was pretty bad but did not determine the outcome. All that being said, I witnessed a player for West stomp on our QB's face after the fumble where his helmet came off. I saw one poster comment about questioning the integrity of a 17 year old and I agree to a point. This isn't something about getting caught up in the moment. This is a blatant attempt to hurt a player while he is down. I have played the game and this never came across my mind. The player who did this has 0 integrity or respect for the game and I am thankful one of his teammates had some and pulled him away before anymore damage could be done. The West coach should suspend the player for the remainder of the season in my opinion because there is no room for these actions in this game! Long rant but all that aside amazing game of two strong teams! Had a blast at the game and wish the West Trojans the best of luck the rest of the way!

That young man from MoWest would be kicked off the team if I were the coach. Just absolutely no reason at all for that!

The Kid from Mo West should have been ejected from the game !! And I will personally make sure TSSAA gets a copy of the play and we will see what happens, Hopefully they will do the right thing there is no excuse for that !

I was unable to get a number... did anyone catch the number?

Edited by GoHallsGo

It was shown on the local news while showing the football highlights. There is no question that it happened. Everyone wouldn't think it was so funny if it happened to your kid.

Yes and if you read my first post after the game I said he probably should have been ejected. That doesn't mean he stomped on the kids head. Exaggerating what happened doesn't help anyone.

Here is the play at the 20 Second mark.   I didnt see a stomp, but there are blatant punches thrown. How that is not called I dont understand. 

http://www.wbir.com/sports/preps/football/halls-at-morristown-west-/351256889

The facemask at the end of the game was a bad call also.....

With that being said. Mo West was the better team FRIDAY NIGHT.  I think we should have gotten Caden out of the pocket more and got him into space more. 

Mo West DBs did a great job with the long passes and we could not burn them deep. 

Halls did a great job overall containing Mo West Run game (compared to what they have been doing), but we just didnt have enough at the end. 

Halls wasting close to 30 seconds on the last drive when they thought Caden was out of bounds was very costly. 

Halls wasting time outs (which has been the case all season) because they could not get the play in fast enough was very costly. 

Now I will say I totally disagree that the Refs cost us the game. At the end of the day they are going to miss calls and you have to be able to overcome that. Is it fair? No, but I am sure their were some missed calls going the other way also. 

I think if you play that game 10 times, it would be a hard fought battle every time. 

Good Luck to Morristown West going into the next round. 

Congrats to Caden on being selected to play in the East West Tennessee All Star Game and Good luck with the Mr. Football Awards 

I can say Im proud of the boys and proud to be a Halls Alum. 2 consecutive trips to the 2nd round of the playoffs has not happened in a LONG time and I'm just glad to see Halls back competing.  JD has done an excellent job rejuvenating the boys and the community. 

Go Halls!

Edited by RDFL