Webb at St. George

WebbSpartans

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They will beat St G then Lausanne in the final. Just way too much speed.

Saw Lausanne last night and while they have athletes all over the field they simply cannot match Webbs speed. I do think they will have some opportunities throwing the ball vs Webb though.

Not sure how the HA game was close but Webb with Howard will run well against Lausanne.

Don't sleep on St. George's! Of course, I'm sure the Webb coaches aren't.

SGS has talent and speed. This year's senior class has 4-5 D1 signees, including a Four Star RB and a gritty, playmaking QB.

SGS won't have the size up front that Harding has. Big question in this game is if the SGS line is good enough to at least stalemate against Webb. If they have time, their skill players can make plays.

Also, the quality of play in DII-A this year is very high.

These are four very good teams with nice out-of-division wins. While Webb and Lausanne are favorites, USJ and SGS both have a fighter's chance to win it all.

BGA, Harding and FACS were no slouches either.

DII-AA in the coming years will be very competitive! 

Don't sleep on St. George's! Of course, I'm sure the Webb coaches aren't.

SGS has talent and speed. This year's senior class has 4-5 D1 signees, including a Four Star RB and a gritty, playmaking QB.

SGS won't have the size up front that Harding has. Big question in this game is if the SGS line is good enough to at least stalemate against Webb. If they have time, their skill players can make plays.

StG does not have Webbs speed IMO. They will not be able to stop Webbs offense. Webb will have three kids faster than any player for StG and Howard is on another planet fast. Seeing Gray and the QB from Lausanne run all over StG doesn't bode well against Webb because those kids aren't Howard.

They will have some opportunities in the passing game though as this is an area that Webb can be challenged.

The scrambling and passing will create big play chances but the wingT of Webb is difficult to stop too.

Webb is the pick here for me. Could be close if the QB has time for StG.

I love the confidence in Webb but hearing St George's has 5 D1 players makes it sound like they may have more talent. And Webb has a lot of talent. I'd like to hear more about your D1 l kids and wonder how they stack up against Howard and the Jefferson Brothers.

Not a SGS fan but did watch them hammer my USJ Bruins 61-17 the week after USJ beat Briarcrest. Granted that was a 'perfect storm' outcome, but still....

RB/DB Chase Hayden is the only big time recruit. He's headed to Arkansas next year. QB is going to Navy. Don't know where the others are going off the top of my head but they're Sun Belt/Ivy League/FCS type players.

SGS has very good team speed.

I've only seen highlights of Webb, but that's enough to know that Howard has world class speed.